An Angel Has Her Wings...

I woke up this morning praying yesterday was just a horrible dream. Sadly, it wasn't. I opened my Bible to try and find peace and comfort and felt led to go to my devotional book instead. And oh how fitting it was. Below is from my "JESUS ALWAYS" devotional book. 



**************************************************************
LEARN TO LEAN ON ME more and more. I know the full extent of your weakness, and that is where My powerful Presence meets you! My strength and your weakness fit together perfectly -- in a wonderful synergy designed long before your birth.  Actually, My Power is most effective in weakness. This is counterintuitive and mysterious, yet it is true. 
It's important to lean on Me when you're feeling inadequate or overwhelmed. Remind yourself that you and I together are more than adequate. To sense my nearness, try closing your hand as if you're holding onto Mine. For I take hold of your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear: I will help you."
I want you to depend on Me even when you feel competent to handle things yourself. This requires awareness of both My Presence an your neediness. I am infinitely wise, so let Me guide your thinking as you make plans and decisions. Learning on Me produces warm intimacy with Me -- the One who will never leave you or forsake you. 
2 Corinthians 12:9; Philippians 4:13; Isaiah 41:13; Deuteronomy 31:6
**************************************************************

As I reflect on the above devotion, I think of how many times Michelle and I had conversations about the "Higher Power" and although we may have never fully understood the depth of His love, we were sure glad He didn't hold that against us. 

I cannot even start to articulate how broken my heart is, along with thousands others. But, if you knew Michelle, you would understand -- there really is no need for a lot of words as she was a lady of action! She was a fighter! A Warrior! She fought a hard battle and did it with grace, style, and the utmost dignity! I am proud to call her my friend and sister... she was that to so many that knew her and it shows by the outpouring of love by so many. Although my heart breaks for her husband, David, her sisters and family, and the plethora of friends she leaves behind, I take peace knowing she's riding the best steed a girl could own in Heaven and turning 3 cans faster than you can blink an eye! 

Although I am forever saddened by her absence here on earth, I will cherish the endless memories and love she leaves behind and the lessons she taught me about living life to the fullest and never settling for less! To say she was a fighter is an understatement. She never gave up -- right to the end! Just like her leggings read... "Never Quit!" 💔



Rest In Peace, my sweet friend! You fought a long, hard battle and now the sky truly is the limits! 

In Memory of our dearest and best friend in the world, Michelle Piha, a brave soul taken far too soon. Thank you for the laughs, the love, the lessons and so much more! I love you infinity!! 💔❣️

Comments

Popular Posts