Make Lemonade ....


I will be the first to admit that when life gives me lemons I try to make lemonade. However, there are some days when it would be so much easier to just throw the lemons back! But then it made me stop and think, "Jesus not only died on the cross for me, but he CARRIED that cross up the hill for me, for you and me!"

It is so easy to complain and whine about the things in life that do not go our way, but yet we have not even begun to "carry the cross". Yes, life may be full of obstacles and hard challenges, but Praise God he carried that cross and bore our transgressions that we may have life abundantly.

If we will simply go to God with empty hands and an open heart, ready to receive his abundant blessings, he will provide us with our needs. See, he already knows the depth and breadth of our needs before we ever ask him for them. Just like the song, "Cast Your Bread Upon the Water" it is clear that if we will simply turn to God he will always be there and will breath life into our needs.
My Mom received news yesterday, that she has abnormalities on her brain causing her to have seizures. When my baby sister called me to give me the news I tried to be brave, and not just break; because I knew she had enough on her plate and me breaking down on the phone was the last thing she needed. But when I hung up, I cried myself to sleep. I wanted to throw the lemons back!! My heart ached knowing that it was one more cross to bear. But I woke this morning with one thought on my mind and heavy on my heart, "Jesus already carried the Cross". I just cried and began thanking God by saying, "thank you"!

I know that MY GOD still is in the healing business! I know that by His stripes we are healed! See the Bible tells us that he gives power to the weak and will renew our strength. I just have to exercise my Faith and trust in Him!

Whatever you're dealing with today, no matter how many lemons are thrown your way, don't throw them back, make Lemonade! Regardless of how hard it may seem to squeeze those lemons, make lemonade. We all have our crosses to bare, regardless of how heavy it may be, thank God we do not have to carry or bare it alone. See, Jesus already carried the cross for us...he died on the cross so we could have life abundantly ...now it's up to us as to whether or not we'll crumble under the Cross or will we simply allow him to help us carry it...?

Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Blessings,
Candye~


Comments

  1. Candye,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Mom! I will be saying Prayers for Your Mom, You and your whole family!

    I'd like to take a minute to let you know that you are such an inspiration. You have opened my eye's to a Better way of thinking. I have always believed and had God in my heart. My family didn't really go to Church that often. But we always have had God in our hearts. But You have Opened the Door a lot wider for me and I just would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am working on being a better person with a Better Out Look on everything Good and Bad in Life! I am trying to take the hard time's with a grain of salt so to speak! I enjoy talking with you on FB. Thank You For Being My Friend!

    Again I will be Praying for your Mom!

    Jamie Link Hatfield

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts