Pill Bottle.... April 9, 2010

Ever wonder what your life would have been if you would have just made a left instead of a right? Sometimes we should have just made a u-turn and headed back in the direction we came from to begin with but we're too busy trying to find a way to not admit we're wrong so we keep going down a path that is full of hurt, anger, heart-ache instead of just simply making a u-turn and starting over.

Life if full of obstacles so we find ourselves on the path of destruction sometimes instead of on a path of recovery.

I remember when my eyes were truly opened to the "world" and all of the problems that truly existed. I was working for a crisis center and let me tell you there are a lot of people hurting in this world; people you would never imagine that have problems no-one knows about. I didn't realize how even the richest were truly poor. It taught me to really appreciate life and all that God has provided for me. It also made me understand that I alone can create or break my fate/future - not someone else.

What amazed me was that no-one would turn to God, and in the workplace you have to be so careful what you say, for fear you could offend someone; and well, then there comes the law suit! So instead of helping people find "peace" they would help them find "comfort" through the power of a little pill that claimed to have the power to help ease the pain and allow him/her to "deal" with life.

Don't misunderstand my writing, I do believe there are certain medicines that are useful and needed for health problems, and I believe that is why God gave some the greater wisdom to become doctors to help others in medical need. But the problem is mental needs are different and some of our problems cannot be fixed with a little pill.

If only people could realize that the answers to their problems are not going to be found in a pill bottle, but by surrendering to the Word of God and allowing him to fix our problems, come as they may, he is the only solution.

I find my peace and comfort in the Word of God. My little "pill" died on the Cross so that I may live!

Psalms 71: 2, 3 Deliver me in your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.

When you have Christ, He is all the help you need. He has been there all the time. Never forget to turn to Him, and never let anyone have His place. If you do, you will always be disappointed.

God Bless,
Candye~

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I can tell you that I have not followed the path of Christ very much in my 35 years. Have I been a believer in Christ OF COURSE I have. I just have not turned to him. We've not been a family that goes to Church every Sunday. But again that doesn't mean that I don't believe. I can tell you that Your Blog and your words on facebook have been an inspiration and an eye opener for me. I am trying to do better and Follow Christ and turn to him to let him help me and lead me down the right path. It brightens my day to see your post. You have really touched me with your words. I would like to say THANK YOU!
    I Love these words you wrote on this blog!
    "If only people could realize that the answers to their problems are not going to be found in a pill bottle, but by surrendering to the Word of God and allowing him to fix our problems, come as they may, he is the only solution.

    I find my peace and comfort in the Word of God. My little "pill" died on the Cross so that I may live!"
    Again Thank You So Much! I am truly Lucky to have found such a wonderful Friend from Facebook even if it is across many miles! If I am ever in Kansas or your ever in Ohio hope we can meet sometime! Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day! :O) Jamie Link Hatfield

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts