"Through The Eyes of The Child"

I woke this morning to the saying of my niece who turned 10 years old today, April 5th, 2010. It is amazing to me how seeing the world through the eyes of a child are absolutely a wondrous experience. She has such a great imagination and such a way of expressing her thoughts. They are so pure and innocent; and I love to see her little eyes light up when she talks about Jesus.

Here is just a small example of how amazing she is. They were on their way here and she sat up and said, "Momma, you know I was thinking, going to Hell is like being in a nightmare that you can't wake up from, but going to Heaven is like being in a dream that you don't want to wake up from!"

If that doesn't make you stop and think then I don't know what will!! You see, she is a prime example of what it means to raise your child up with the Lord. (Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.)

I commend my baby sister, she has been a single Mother most of Charlie's life and she has done an exceptional job raising her. Of course it is because she follows the "spare the rod" syndrome because the rest of us spoil her rotten. (lol)

Jesus tells us in the Bible, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know." (John 14:1-4)

If you really think about what a 10 year old little girl said about Hell is a nightmare, but Heaven is a dream, you should also know that God is coming again. He will return to take his children home and I want to be ready when the trumpet sounds. But the only way to be ready is to truly surrender your all to Him. Let him be your daily guide as you travel your journey in this world.

Have you given your life to the Lord? If you work in the Kingdom trying to bring souls to God, you need to be sure you've given yourself to the God you teach about. I have been really trying to give my all to God daily. I know I fall somedays but it doesn't mean I've given up or stopped trying, it simply means I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes, but I'm so glad I serve a God that forgives and forgets.

God Bless,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts