Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trusting God - April 18, 2010

Seems like this last week was a whirl-wind and I'm not sure if I've accomplished all I set forth to do, but I do know my list grew instead of shrinking!!

I received some very sad news Friday night. A friend passed away, unexpectedly. It's so sad to lose a loved one and/or friends, but it's even more sad when they leave behind a 7mo old baby. I speak from the heart when I say tears flowed uncontrollably thinking of what she will miss here on earth, but also envy her that she is now gone on to Heaven to become one of the many Angels that will be watching over us.

Sabrina Ross was well known in the Haysville community. She served on the board for the Haysville Saddle Club. The one thing I distinctly remember about Sabrina is she always wore a smile (and a beautiful one at that), and had a love for everyone she met! Sabrina, you will be sorely missed and hope you know how many lives you touched while here on earth. You will never be forgotten!

Learning of Sabrina's death made me really reflect on just what death really means. You leave behind so many things, but if your heart is right with God you gain so much more! If you are going to hold on to your miracles, or your dreams, and the fulfillment of God's plan for your life, then you are going to have to keep moving. Always keep moving toward what God has for you.


Trusting God is a moment-by-moment choice. I know some people have a hard time understanding the concept of that, but it's just like anything else we do in life. Everyday you can get up and make the choice to be happy and face any adversary head on or hunker down and let it overcome us. I personally chose to be happy! Life is entirely too short, and losing Sabrina only confirms that.


Don't get me wrong, I too have bad days, but I do not let them overcome my soul and bring me down. There are days when I feel like I am swimming in a sea of confusion and madness. Most days I start my days running at 4:30am and never get a chance to stop until 9pm, which makes for a very long day; and most days I feel like I absolutely accomplished very little. I try to reflect daily on what my purpose for that day was, and some days I admit I come up empty handed; then out of nowhere I'll receive an email or call from someone simply saying "thank you" for something I did or said on that day, that made their day a little better/brighter....that's when I say, "thank you Lord, for putting me where I needed to be". It may be two weeks later but its' worth it.


Psalm 31:14 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."

Trust God to lead and direct your paths so when your time on earth has ended you leave with no regrets, and you arrive at the Pearly Gates greeted by God's open arms saying, "Welcome Home My Child - job well done! Your mission on Earth is completed"!!

God Bless,
Candye~

No comments:

Post a Comment