"Where You're Supposed To Be"

Over the last few months following my Mother's heart-attack and all of the events that surrounded that day and those still on-going, it has really made me stop and do some serious reflections on my own life, my walk with Christ, and truly where I'm supposed to be.

Have you ever really stopped and truly reflected on your life and asked yourself the following series of questions..

Am I where God planned for me to be? Am I in the career/job he meant for me to have? The marriage you're supposed to be in, with the person he intended you to spend "forever" with?

Seems like we seldom really stop and put into perspective what we're doing, where we're at, who we're with, or even if we're on the path he intended for us to be on....OR...are we simply going through the motions to get to the next day because it's convenient, or life's too hectic to deal with the disruptions required to make the required changes?

It's sad but true that most of us come to the Lord damaged - dead spiritually, deficient emotionally, and decaying physically, and expect him to make you whole in all aspects and impatiently wanting the results yesterday. Yet we never stop to really think that if we are not following him to begin with, doing what pleases the Lord first and foremost, then how can we expect a miracle? I'm not saying it's impossible because we all know nothing is impossible for the Lord. Instead we take favor in pleasing ourselves first and then we go to him expecting a miracle.

We need to renew our minds daily in God's presence. His thinking is contagious. As you meditate on Him, His Word becomes a lifeline thrown to one who would otherwise drown in the swirling whirlpool of our own thoughts.

Mark 8:34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
I confess, I am still searching for my whereabouts in God's big plan for my life. But I can also write, with confidence, that every day is a new day and I try to leave yesterday in the past, focus on today, and let tomorrow simply come what will trusting it will take care of its-self all in good time.

I can not know how long my journey on this earth will be, and although some days I may feel lost, I do know that in God's time, if I listen to Him, he will let me know where I'm supposed to be...

God Bless,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts