For My Mother.....I LOVE YOU!!




Mother's Day is a "bitter-sweet" holiday for me. I'm so grateful and blessed to have the Mother I have, of which even at my age, still call her "Mommy;" but also so sad because I've lost my baby and can't hold her in my arms.

But, today is not about me, but about an Angel the good Lord graced me with, the one I call "Mommy." Although I live many miles apart from my Mother, and do not get to see her every day like I wish I could, I hope she knows she's in my heart and goes with me every where I go!

I have some amazing women in my life, from my Mother, to my Grandmother's and Sisters, even certain friends that are so special.

I don't even know where to start when I talk about my sweet Mother. I'm so very lucky I have a Mother that loves me unconditionally, no matter what I do or say she is always there to be uplifting, caring, forgiving and even stern when she needs to be. She is so sweet and Angelic. She was and is the foundation of our family. I can look back and just smile at all the wonderful memories in my life and in every memory, there is my Mother.

If you've had the opportunity to meet my Mother you'll know why I can write these things about her. She is the epitome of what a true Mother is and a Best Friend. She is beautiful inside and out!!

I can remember my Mother always saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" Even to this day I try to live by that motto. I can remember my Grandmother (her Mother) saying once, "Don't be doing something you wouldn't want to be doing when Jesus comes back." My Granny Parsons was taken from me when I was just 6-years old, way too soon. But I can remember her like it was yesterday. I'll admit, I loved her so much....and I know she loved me just as much. She was an Angel then and is one today in Heaven, watching over me and guiding me as I go through my days. These are the women I've had in my life as examples. That's why I am the way I am today. They instilled so much in me and forever I will be grateful. I am so blessed!

When I think of the word "Mother" and what mine means to me....

M=Magical
O= Optimistic
T= Thoughtful
H= Honorable
E= Enlightening
R= Remarkable

My Mother is unique, God gave her just for me
I get it from her the way we run a little late
But she taught me how to enter with grace
She dressed me in lace and put my hair in a bun
Even though she knew it wouldn't stay
Yes, it's true I may be a "daddy's girl"
But my Mommy knows she's my best friend
And always will be to my very end!
She's always the first to give me a break
But she lets me know when I've made a mistake
She's loving, sweet, and kind with the voice of an Angel
And she can always seem to make everything better
She is witty, fun, and caring all in one
She's always there to help me walk the mile
She never tires of me calling her name
And forever she takes the blame
She loves me unconditionally even when I know there are times
When she really wishes I would simply make up my mind.
She's thoughtful, kind, and caring, she never asks for much
My Mother's an Angel, sent to me from above,
I'm so glad He loved me enough to give me the very best!

My Mother is the one, when there are four pieces of pie for five people, she will be the one to say "I really don't care for this pie anyway." She's so giving and forgiving even when her heart aches. That's my Mother, simply always thinking of others instead of herself!

"Mother's hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever!"

Love 'em honorable
Be Godly in her presence
Because she is an Angel
If you Love your Mom
Make sure she knows
Don't ever let there be woes
The truth is - every day
should be Mother's Day
Because she is the reason
you are the way you are

Nothing beats a Mother's Love....the way she wraps her loving arms around you when you ache and all of the sudden the world seems to disseminate.

For my Mother - only she'll know what I'm referring to when I say, "When I try to see things your way I get a headache." Although that's not really true, it's a little something special just between us.

Thanks Mom, for everything you've done for me. For always being the lady and example you've set before me. For loving unconditionally and teaching me what it means. For giving me your all and for sacrificing so much just so we could have a nice life. You're more than I deserve but I'm so thankful, blessed and honored to call you my Mommy!

Happy Mother's Day! I love you more than you'll ever know!!

Blessings,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts