My Strength Comes From The Lord


Ever have those mornings when you really wish you could just pull the covers over your head and sleep the day away? That would be me today!
I'm exhausted! Seems as if there is never enough time in the day to get everything done! There are some days when I lay my head to rest at night and reflect on my day and I think, "Lord, what have I accomplished today?"
There are days when I could fill a list a mile long and other days when I simply cannot think of anything! But, then I'm gently reminded that those must be the days when I have accomplished a lot because my brain is in null mode!
There is one thing I am certain of, my strength to go on every day comes from the Lord! He is my strong tower! He is my lighthouse! Without him I am certain to fail! (Nahum 1:7)
I have been so blessed to have my niece spend the last couple of weeks with me. They moved to Texas earlier this year and it has definitely been a struggle for me. And, I know when she goes home this weekend I am going to be heart broken, but I will forever be grateful that I can say we've made some awesome memories these few weeks and I'll pray there will be many more to come.
We've been getting up and having Bible study of a morning. While I get ready for work I will give her scriptures to look up, she reads them and then we talk about the meaning! It's been more beneficial for me than her I'm sure. Nothing is more precious than to hear her try to pronounce some of the bigger words! She is really amazing! The greatest thing of all is her desire to want to read the bible and learn. The look on her face when we talk about them is amazing!
Now this morning is a little different, guess she is a little tired as I could not get her awake. I'm guessing she stayed up too late watching TV. This is how I'm able to write on my blog this morning! (ha) We'll catch up on the scriptures this evening. Funny how a child can teach you more than you're teaching them!
While I've had her here this week it's made my heart heavy for a friend who has recently lost her son. I watch my niece as she scrambles through the kitchen to help me cook or rumbles through the tack room to help saddle horses. It makes my heart full! Then I think of Tracy and how I pray for strength for her every day!
Live each day as if it were your last.... you simply never know when it will be!!
Philip 2: 13
Prov 10:29
Blessings!
Candye~

Comments

  1. Your the BEST!I love you sooooo very much!I love you with all my hart!Thank you for for every thing your the best!I had sooo much fun at your house!I can't wait till next summer!We will have so much fun rodioin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts