Counting Your Blessings Through the Storms



It's been a while since I've written. It seems like so much has been going on and keeping me so busy that I simply have not taken the time to write. I admit, I've missed it and it's a way of relief for me and very relaxing. I really should make it a priority to write on my blog at least once a week. (Maybe that will become my New Years Resolution for 2011). (big smile)

You guessed it, today has been a very trying day for me. It seems that it has just been full of trials and tribulations! I have to remember, tests turn into testimonies, right?

Have you ever wished life offered you a mulligan? I sure do! For those of you who don't play golf, a mulligan is a chance to replay your last shot without a penalty, or a do-over! I can tell you there are some days when my mouth runs and my brain never engages, and I wish for a mulligan. But, sadly that's not how it works. Once it's spoken it cannot be taken back!

Some days when life tries to kick you in the teeth, I have found that my "mulligan" is granted when I remember that "when my back's against the wall, His was against the Cross." Somehow that always reminds me that at the end of the day, with God all things are possible! (Matthew 19:26)

If I'm blessed enough that He grants me a "mulligan" or a chance at tomorrow, I will start it by praising him and giving him the glory for all the blessings and wonderful things he has given me! Starting with the breath of life, the sight to see the sunrise, and the small things in life that we often take for granted or that most don't have!

Genesis 18;14 "Is anything too difficult for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son."

I just have to keep believing that tomorrow is another chance for a better day!!

He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." -- Matthew 17:20

I really should take my own advice. Just like what I posted this morning on my facebook wall, "When you feel like you're at your wits-end, just know that God's not through with you! He's got a work only you can do! It doesn't matter what you've done, Jesus died for you!"

Pray for me and I'll be praying for you!

Blessings,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts