If God Examined Your Heart....


If God were to examine your heart what would he find? Would he find a broken one, a lonely one, a cheerful one, selfish...the list could go on, and on and on...
I can tell you, as for me, if God were to examine my heart he would find one that is full of love for him! And a heart that is full of love for my family and friends! But he would also find a little bit of selfishness, lots of cheer and occasionally...he would find a little bit of anger. Yes, you guess it - he would not find perfection - by far!! I'm guessing if your heart were to be examined he would find a lot of the same thing. None of us are perfect, nor does he expect us to be. Proverbs 4:23 "Keep my heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life"
However, he would find that I desire to live an honest, humble and "likable" life. Likable? Yes, I often find I spend so much time trying to please others, that I often forget about myself. I get ran over, chewed up and spit out; which in turn, after a while, causes bitter and anger and lots of disappointment to rise up to the surface and begin to clog my arteries. But who is to blame? Me! God gave us wisdom to use wisely! He gives us knowledge to know when to draw a line in the sand and say "enough is enough." What he forgot to install in me is a sense of 'when' to draw that line. I also have to continually remind myself that often people do not mean to be hurtful but it does happen. Also, you have to look inward and make certain you didn't misinterpret something causing more harm than intended. You have to learn to have a forgiving heart, because again, if he were to examine our hearts he would not find perfection.
I would encourage you to examine your own heart. Are you saving enough time for yourself and your family? Are you spending enough alone time with God to be renewed and refreshed daily in order to keep yourself on the right path? Life is literally flying by us with little to no warning. Some of us need to learn that life is not going to stop or stand still just because you have a broken heart, or a cheerful heart - but what it will do is keep ticking on...and it will not ask for permission or forgiveness.
1 Peter 1:22 "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently."
Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Be courageous, and stand up for what you believe in; protect your own heart and make certain that you keep the blood flowing through it so that you do not allow the nonsense to clog your arteries. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Be a good steward, and one always with good intentions! Try to be mindful of others heart and that we are all unique and made in His image...but that no one is perfect...
Blessings,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts