Daylight Savings!


Well, the weekend is quickly coming to a close & is almost over, and I've officially got the Sunday Blues!! Not only do we have to return to the world of "work" tomorrow...but daylight savings has set in and it's officially dark way too early!

On the bright side...had a wonderful week/weekend with hubby. Seems like we were non-stop with something planned every evening Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. Then church this morning, hubby went to the deer lease afterwards, I went to the office, grocery shopping and then back home. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's enough to wear you out and quick. The sad thing is - out of all of that - the part I dislike the most is putting up the groceries! Why, I don't know, but I do! (giggle) However, on my way home this evening, I did stop and pick up Sushi for hubby and I for dinner! Yummy! I'm absolutely addicted to that stuff!

We received a call from my mother-in-law today that her brother (Uncle David) had a heart attack this morning. Then another call from my father-in-law that his sister (Aunt Carole) had to have her leg amputated this last week. It just seems to be a day of bad news. But, the good news is - they're both still alive, right? Please keep them all in your prayers!

Saturday night was date night! I absolutely love having a date night - even after 17 years of marriage I swear this man still makes my heart skip a beat when he looks at me with that look (and not the one where I've seriously tee'd him off), but the one when he touches my hand and gives me that sweet look for doing nothing at all! We had a steak dinner, then went for ice cream; but the best part of all...we went to a school park and played on the swings, slid down the slide, and climbed on the jungle gym! Okay, clearly we're FAR from teenagers, but it was certainly a wonderful evening. We ended it by throwing a blanket on the ground and laid there looking up at the stars just talking about life - and nothing at all! I'd have to say, overall, it was probably the best night I've had with him in a very long time!! The hustle and bustle of life passed us by and we didn't miss it at all!!

I'm writing about this so hopefully you'll realize that regardless of your age or how long you've been married, you're never too old to stop and appreciate each other and do something fun. Life is a fast-track train these days...everyone is in such a hurry to get where they're going (including me); and sometimes you just have to stop and take the time to appreciate life with the one you love!

My grandmother told me a long time ago, 1) You can never take back the words after you say them, or the actions after you've done it, 2) Keep the "life" in your marriage or it will quickly die without warning, 3) If you love him, don't let him forget it, but don't smother him or like a candle the fire will burn out. All of these things are so true. Stop and take time to put the life back in your relationship - love with all you have in you - never underestimate the power of a simple kind jester or a loving touch. Sometimes, just a simple "thank you" goes a long ways....most of all, live for today because you cannot change yesterday and tomorrow may never come.

I'll leave you with this final thought. You know that feeling when everything feels right, and you don't have to worry about yesterday or tomorrow; but know that your best is always accepted, good or bad? There's a word for that....it's called LOVE!! Cherish the ones you love, hold them tight and appreciate the little things in life because in the end...that's all that counts!

Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome....Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad; but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning, in the middle or approaching the end. [Hope Floats]

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Eph 5:31-32)

Be committed to your spouse and your God and let nothing separate you!

Blessings!
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts