~Happy Thanksgiving~




What a day! I am absolutely stuffed, and wasn't I just complaining about not liking the 3-sided mirrors in the dressing rooms in the stores...and then here I just ate until I look like the turkey we pulled out of the oven....doesn't make much sense, huh? Oh well, I am so glad that we are healthy and able to enjoy this holiday!

I cannot lie, I really miss my Mom, Dad & family and not being "home" with them for the holidays - but I'm grateful for the time we're able to spend with Ryan's family. It's been several years since we've been here for the holidays and you can tell he is really enjoying being here with his family. It's the simple things in life we often forget and take for granted! And, honestly, "home" is where the heart is and my heart is with my hubby...so I have nothing to complain about!

Have you ever really thought about what the word "thanks" means? "An acknowledgement of appreciation"... and "giving" ~ "the act of giving; to bestow; to entrust to another; to endure the loss of, sacrifice." When I read those definitions it made a few questions come to mind....How many times have you really given thanks until it became a sacrifice? How many times do you really appreciate what you have, outside of this one day a year? One thing for certain is life passes us by all too quickly (as we are just 30 days from Christmas), and it is up to us to make it a priority to stop and smell the roses. I know that's a cliche' but it is true. It is a fact that you cannot have too many priorities or eventually the list just begins to run together and you lose the meaning and purpose of a priority list.

I really believe that this day is more than just a day to eat until you can't breathe! It is a day to be grateful and appreciate what the good Lord has given you. It is a time to set aside all disagreements and disappointments and be a family (regardless of the miles between you)!

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

My prayer for you is that this day will bring you all much happiness and serve as a reminder to be grateful for all you have. Most importantly, regardless of what you're going through remember that Jesus died on the Cross for you, and whatever test you're going through only serves to become your testimony!

From my family to yours, may you be richly blessed beyond measure this holiday and throughout the year!

Blessings,
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Candye & Ryan~

Comments

Popular Posts