Veterans' Day




For me...tomorrow is the unforgettable Veterans Day.... To me it is a day when we remember what "freedom" really is all about.




I think President Woodrow Wilson said it best: "To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations"

To me...Veterans' Day is special. It is a day when I give thanks for men like my Father and Husband. Two great men in my life that have not only made a difference but who continue to serve to protect me. Even though they may not wear their uniforms daily I'm certain they wear them in their hearts! They are the reason I am able to pursue my dreams! They are the reason I am able to open my Bible in public. They are the reason I am able to vote! The reason I am able to write on this blog! They are my reason for giving thanks daily and not just on Veterans' Day! I am so honored to have these type of men in my life!

Thank you Daddy!! To me, You are a great man of courage, honor and respect! I could never repay you for my freedom! I will never forget your sacrifices! I am so honored to be called your daughter! Thank you for continuing to protect me, love me and give sacrifices for my freedom! Thank you for being the best Daddy in the whole world!! I love you so very much more than you could ever imagine!

Thank you Ryan! Thank you for serving our country and for being a part of my life. Thank you for your sacrifices and for all you do! I love you so much!

I'm asking, won't you take the time tomorrow to honor a Veteran? They deserve it....after all, they did sacrifice so much for the one small day of recognition they receive!

Blessings,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts