Scars & Victories


Friday morning, on my drive to work, I was overwhelmed with a sense of "gratitude & thankfulness". It almost felt as if I were driving in a fog. Not because my life is so perfect, but just the contrary. It's because I feel like the trials and tribulations I have endured have made me a better person! Do not misunderstand me, I'm far from perfect, and if I were to list my many flaws I would probably max out on available characters in this blog...LOL!

I know some people endure more than others and then there are those that endure their trials and tribulations and pain in silence, and we never know about it....thus they appear to have a perfect life. But, if you really took the opportunity to get to know someone, you may be surprised at what their daily lives truly entails. That is why I always try to remind myself to not be too quick to judge others, when in reality you never honestly know what they are going through.

I know it is simply human nature to "jump to conclusions" and I believe we are all guilty of that. However, I also know that I am so thankful that God did not (and does not) "jump to conclusions" when I made (or make) mistakes. I am so glad that he is merciful and loving and forgiving. Otherwise, oh goodness, I cannot imagine where I would be today without his saving Grace!

I encourage you each today to be thoughtful of your words and actions...try using your words as building blocks and not battering arms because your words may be just what another person needs to hear or what will cause more harm than good! Think about it...actions speak louder than words...Just like the action Jesus took by dying on the Cross....imagine what this world would be like today if He would have just "said" he was going to die on the Cross but never did!

When God gives any many wealth & possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God (Ecclesiastes 5:19)

I leave you with this thought, the images, scars and victories that we live with have shaped us into the people we have become today and will be tomorrow. We will never know who a person is until we understand where they have been! Be mindful, thoughtful and loving before you speak and let your actions speak louder than your words!

Blessings,
Candye~

Comments

Popular Posts