Friday, December 30, 2011

25 Weeks... and counting!

December 30, 2011


I made a promise to take weekly pictures for my baby sister from here on out, so I thought I would just share them occasionally with you as well. Also, I thought it would be a good way to document for our girls what their Mommy looked like in these last few weeks until we deliver. I'm sure (at first) they'll think this is "lame", but I'm confident as they grow into young ladies they will come to appreciate the journal I've been keeping for them all along. I have all of their sonogram pictures and stats too. Maybe it's over-kill but one thing I know for sure, when I'm gone they'll have lots of memories to look back on and know just how much they were/are loved, even when they were in the womb.

Since conception of this journey almost 15 years ago I never imagined we would actually be on the verge of bringing home not one but two little angels. I have to admit, most days I stand in the mirror and admire my belly (something you would have never caught me doing before) but now there's such a different spin on things... life's so precious and I want to cherish every moment of this journey.... even my large belly!! Funny how the small things in life become the big things you end up cherishing!

One thing I have learned through this whole process, most people consider patience to be a passive waiting or gentle tolerance - I personally have found that it's not developed overnight but it is gained through God's power, mercy and goodness. These are the things that have helped me to-date and I plan to teach our girls the power of God's Amazing Grace and will and that it is something we cannot tamper with or judge - but that we have to trust Him in all we do! Good or bad! If we stay in the will of God then it will all work out in the long run just as it is supposed to.

"And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise" (Hebrews 6:15)

"The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him" (Lamentations 3:25)

I have never been one to wish away time and I'm trying really hard now not to wish away the next 12 weeks, but I have to admit - I'm anxiously awaiting the day when we get to meet our girls! Thanks so much to everyone for their prayers and support - this journey has become so much more since we have you to share it with!

God Bless,
Candye & Ryan & Girls (Alexis & Bridgette)

No comments:

Post a Comment