Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tough Day....



The last couple of days have been extremely tough... but today was exceptionally tough. I woke with a sickening feeling that something was wrong with Alexis and my heart was aching as I could not feel her move. I know it's nothing more than the devil working on my mind and wrenching at my heart but honestly some days are just simply tougher than others. I immediately reached out to a dear friend from church and requested that she please pray for me and pray that God would give me peace of mind and a rest beyond measure. I know that I am going to have to rely solely on God for peace during this time and that's what I'm going to do. Another friend gave me a great scripture last night... Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10).

Today I went in to see the nurse so she could do a fetal heart rate check (just for peace of mind) and Alexis' heart rate was 152bpm. Praise God!

I am writing about my day so you know that it is okay to be sad, scared, and to be human - and that's what I'm doing - however, what I'm not going to do is let the devil win! This is a battle that we will be victorious over! I'm just so glad to know that the good Lord has armed us with a loving family, a wonderful church family, and awesome friends to help us through this trying time. I'm on a serious count-down until week 37 when we can bring our baby girl (Alexis) home and we can properly give Bridgette the farewell she deserves!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)

Don't lose faith and hope - some days it's all you have or need!

Blessings,
Candye~

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly the way God wants you and Ryan to trust him. We do not know what holds tomorrow, but we KNOW who holds tomorrow and God is awesome and he will bring both of you and your families thru this and you will have an awesome testimony of the goodness of God...Love you all. Prayers and Blessings for your family.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Campbell MitchellJanuary 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

    Candye,

    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. You and your sweet husband are in my prayers. We all question why when something like this happens but you've got the right attitude in saying that God is in Control and there is a reason for everything he does. You are such a sweet, strong woman and you are going to be an absolutely wonderful Mom. I will keep you, your family, and precious Alexis in my prayers and I'll also ask Mom & Nana to do the same. You know, Nana is one of the oldies and I've always thought she had a one way telephone line to Jesus so I'll ask her to get on that line and ask for his blessing. We all take for granted so many things and people in our lives each and everyday. Thanks for reminding me how very blessed I am. I love you and pray that the rest of your pregnancy goes without problems.

    ReplyDelete