Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Journey....





Dear Family & Friends,


I do not really know where to begin. It seems like the last five (5) days have flown by and carried with it an flurry of emotions. As most of you know, we took that journey down a long hallway (pictured on left) to the surgery room that awaited us to bring our girls into this big world. It was a walk that (for starters) we never thought we would get to take, but certainly were not planning to take it in the form of an emergency c-section. Little did we know that on the other side of the surgery doors would await a whole new journey.


"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you" (Jeremiah 1:5)


At 4:19 pm, on March 8, 2012, Alexis Elaine was our first miracle that breathed life (pictured to the right). She weighed 4lbs 10ozs and 17" long. When my husband laid this little miracle in my arms I cannot begin to tell you the feelings of joy and overwhelming excitement and anxiety I felt. I was scared, happy, and knew was soon going to face being sad as we would deliver our precious Bridgette Dean at 4:21 pm, March 8, 2012, weighing just under 3ozs and 7" long. She was perfect (to say the least). Again, the emotions that were cascaded upon us both are beyond what words can express.


"Every good and perfect gift is from above" (James 1:17)


As they wheeled Alexis to NICU I was left to hold Bridgette which was a priceless moment in time. My heart ached because I could not be with Alexis but at the same time it was aching because I was holding the shell of a daughter we only had the opportunity to meet while in the womb. But do not weep for us because she was such a gift and a joy that we cannot explain and although we have to say good-bye for now, we know that we have just added to the span of Angels in Heaven watching over our family.

"From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another" (John 1:16)


Just five short days later, our little bundle of joy, Alexis, is showing so many improvements that it's hard to describe and most of the NICU doctors are in awe at her rapid improvement. She has been removed from all oxygen and is breathing on her own; her IV was removed today and she only had to spend 24 hours under the "lights" for her jaundice.


Again, another miracle God has bestowed upon our newly created family that we are forever grateful for. She is doing amazing and we cannot believe the progress. They thought for sure we would be in NICU for at least 4 weeks but at this rate they're already talking about releasing us by early next week.





Yesterday, she was eating on her own and was taking the bottle and starting to show that her sucking and breathing coordination was rapidly improving as well. We are simply in amazement at God's mercy and grace. He continues to bless us through all the trials and shows his love though our trials and tribulations as well as in our triumphs.


"We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him" (1 Samuel 1:27)


We finalized the funeral arrangements for our precious Bridgette today. We will have a service for her at The Ark Church (5501 N. Maize Road, Maize, KS) at 11:00 am on Saturday, March 17th, 2012. As previously announced, we have opened the church service to all who desire to come share in our good-bye for our Princess. Although we know we'll see her on the other side.


We are forever grateful for your continued support and prayers.... this is truly a journey that just continues to get sweeter and sweeter as the days go by....


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I will praise him" (Psalm 28:7)


Blessings,

Ryan, Candye, Alexis (& Bridgette, RIP 1/4/2012)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss and one day you will meet her again for now she is a angel in heaven watching over Alexis and you guy!!! She knows you loved her!!!

    Jo Dale Abbott

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Reading this just opened my excitement for you both all over again! What plans God has for that little girl! And how blessed we are that we don't grieve without hope because someday you'll see precious Bridgette again. God bless you both. I can't tell you how much you have blessed me these last few months.

    ReplyDelete