Thursday, April 19, 2012

6 Weeks.....



Dear Family & Friends,


I think I've used this phrase more in the last 15 months than I ever have in my life.... but it's true! "It's hard to imagine".... but our baby girl is 6-weeks old today. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from NICU. Technically, she should only be 4 days old, considering their due date originally was April 15th. She is growing by leaps and bounds and there is not a day that goes by that she does not amaze me; nor is there a day that I do not think of her sister [Bridgette].


It's so funny how my priorities have changed since having her. I used to be consumed with work and horses and now all I want to do is sit and watch her breath and cooo and smile and grow... she does things that just make me laugh and then I cry (with joy) in disbelief that I am finally a mother and that God has blessed us with such an amazing little girl. She is more than I could have ever dreamed or imagined.


It's true... Faith is believing even when the eyes cannot see and the ears cannot hear. I also am so glad that God is faithful even when we aren't... He promised me a baby and He delivered even when I turned away and went astray from living for Him - He never deserted me. I will forever be indebted to our Lord for Alexis & Bridgette. They have made me complete... I no longer have an emptiness or a hole - I can honestly say that I have been blessed beyond measure and I am complete!! So when you think you cannot go on and that He has forgotten about your prayers - re-read my blogs and know that it's all in His time (not ours) and even though that is the hardest thing to comprehend and imagine (trust me, I know) it is so worth the wait!


And He said, My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest (Exodus 33:14)


(outfit courtesy of Flip Flops & Lip Gloss, Debi Hutchinson)


Blessings,

Ryan, Candye, Alexis (& Bridgette, RIP 1/4/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment