Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alexis' 2 Mo Appointment

Dear Family & Friends,


I promise you, there is not a day that goes by that I am not in amazement at Ms. Alexis.  She has amazed me since the day she was born.  But, she amazed everyone, including doctors, from the day she was born.  She has always been so tentative and animated with her smiles and facial expressions.  As you can see, she was making a face that was priceless - especially to consider that I was talking to her about her upcoming appointment where she would be getting shots.  I swear she understands me.  I know she probably doesn't but she certainly has me fooled already... (LOL).
Today we had to go in for her 2 month appointment & we scheduled her 4 month appointment before we left.  Just in awe at how fast time flies.

She weighed in at 8lbs 8ozs and is 20 1/2" long.  She is officially on the growth chart for weight but not quiet there for the height yet.  Of course, we're not too worried about it, because in our eyes she is absolutely perfect and shows continued growth.

“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16


As you can see, Her and Daddy were having a fine time while we were waiting on the doctor to come in... (see picture on the left)

After the appointment, she was pouting, not very happy about the three (3) shots she got.. I admit it, I do believe I cried harder than she did!  Daddy was our hero (as always)... he came in to rescue both of us and wipe our tears... so grateful for a strong man in our life. 
 

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)


As you can tell, she is by far not lacking any love and attention.  She is truly the apple of our eye and has become my "snuggle bug".  She and I have spent the last few weeks bonding and I am sad that I have to return to work - but it's for the best for all of us.. especially her; otherwise she will grow up poor... (haha).

I'm sure you haven't noticed or anything.... but I try to take a lot of pictures.  I'm trying to capture as much as I can; and documenting these days for her (and for us).  I spend a lot of time just staring at her (and yes, I still cry when I look at her); and I cannot believe she is really here.  I have waited forever for this little angel and she has no clue how she has made our life complete.  From just a thought/dream to now a reality - our dreams have come true & she is proof that miracles do happen & prayers are answered - all you need is a little faith and lots of determination and perseverance. 

I'm sure you can only imagine that this Mother's Day is going to be so special for me.  I will actually be acknowledged as a Mother - where all the years before, even though in my heart I knew I was a Mother - it wasn't acknowledged because we had no living children.  This year I can proudly say I am a Mother.  Even if I never receive a gift it will not matter because I was given the greatest gift ever when these girls were born on March 8th, 2012; and for that I am full and satisfied.  Thank you, Lord, for hearing my cries and answering my prayers... thank you for these gifts you have bestowed upon me. 

Until next time, please continue to keep us in your prayers. 

“We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him.” – I Samuel 1:27


Blessings,
Ryan, Candye, Alexis (& Bridgette, RIP 1/4/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment