Unplanned Blessings


I just logged into my blogger and it apparently has undergone a make-over; one that will take a little time to adjust to - but it's like facebook - I cannot see complaining since it's a free service I utilize. :)

I cannot believe it is May already.  It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the new year???  I also cannot believe my baby girl is almost 2 months old.  Time is really flying by. 

Well, Alexis & I took our first trip alone... yep, all alone.  We traveled over 400 miles just the two of us and I will admit I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs (lol).. however, I don't believe she was the least bit nervous (ha).  She really did very well, considering.  We did stop a lot more frequently than I expected, but I think a lot of that was just for peace of mind for me. It was worth it though to see the look on my families face.. they were definitely surprised. 

Although this was an unplanned (surprise) trip - God knew I would be there and he planted us there for a reason.  We went to visit with my sister's fiance's father (who is in a nursing home).  It was an awesome visit but we had a little surprise ourselves.  While there a lady (resident of the home) came in to say hello.  She is a very young lady (early 40's with down-syndrome).  She seen the baby and just lit up with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on anyone.  She asked if someone would take a picture of her and the baby.  Of course we said yes. (Picture on left) 

She sat on the bed beside me and that is when it all unfolded....
She held the baby and there was a glow about them both... she was so happy and Alexis was so content! Then I faintly heard her saying something to Alexis - being the nosey person I am - I leaned over to listen.  That's when tears began to flow down my cheeks.  She was praying over Alexis but it wasn't just any prayer - her exact words were "Lord Jesus you know the Mommy waited on this baby for a very long time and so you have to keep her safe and protect her all the days of her life"... tell me God doesn't work in mysterious ways.  He used a complete stranger to send me comfort.  You see, I had never met this person before - she did not know me or my story. I am still in awe.  As most know, my biggest fear had/has been that we would lose Alexis too (since we've lost Bridgette); so yes, I am very protective (as would any parents who have experienced the losses we have).  But this prayer was a comfort to my soul and a conformation that it's all in His plan and hands. The ironic thing is, she probably has no clue that God used her and was such a blessing to me. 

My message to you is to simply remember that everything is in His plan and everything happens according to that plan, not ours.  I know we do not always understand why things happen, and a lot of times we blame it on "misfortune" or "bad luck," but I firmly believe that during our most difficult times is when God is trying to reach us and out of every test comes a Testimony!! Something great is about to happen!!

“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16


Blessings,
Ryan, Candye & Alexis (& Bridgette, RIP 1/4/12)

Comments

Popular Posts