Saturday, November 3, 2012

Summer to Fall Update




My goodness ... where does the time go? I cannot believe my last blog was June.  SO much has happened since then - I don't even know where to start.  Every day brings something new and exciting! In all the years I longed to be a Mother, I could have never imagined just how absolutely amazing this journey would be for me and my husband, our family and friends, and even those of you who have followed us from afar.  During these last few months we had her dedicated, celebrated a 1/2 birthday (thanks, Heidi! for the idea), visited the pumpkin patch, heard her make noises that we swear are words, and simply spent endless hours just watching her in shear amazement and awe.  Not only is she beautiful, but she is such a happy baby, and so full of life.

I'll start with the most important, in my opinion, her dedication, July 8, 2012. She was actually 4 months old exactly on this day.  This day was beyond unbelievably beautiful.  We had so many family and friends her to celebrate this joyous day with us. Ryan and I shopped and shopped for the perfect outfit and we thought we would never find it, let alone agree on what it really should be.  One minute we were thinking extremely formal and dressy, then we'd look around and decide to just go with a little Sunday church dress, we even contemplated a cameo outfit (lol).  Yes, we are true country-folks! (ha)  But when we seen this dress, we both teared up and knew it was the one.  As we left for the church that morning, I cried.  I had only dreamed of this day for years, and I honestly had gotten to a point where I really thought it simply was not in the cards for me to be a Mommy.  Oh was I so glad that was not the case.  As we got ready to take that walk to the front of the church, I told my husband, "the next time we will be walking down the church isle with our precious baby will be the day we give her away to be married."  Of course, yes, we both cried again! I am so thankful I am married to a real man that is not afraid to show his emotions.  And a Godly man that wants to do the right thing and raise our daughter in church together.  Nothing compares to a man that will pray with you. 
We were so blessed to have so many family and friends make a special trip, some from many, many miles away, to share in this experience with us and to be part of our journey. 
 
In August, she got to experience such a beautiful wedding and celebrate the day my baby sister & sweet niece married an amazing man, Todd! Not only was the weather perfect, but so was every other aspect of the day. I am so happy for my sister and niece and we gained a wonderful brother that day. 
 
In September, we celebrated her 1/2 birthday (6 months)! (Thanks, Heidi for the idea)!  What can I say...she was treated with the very best cake ever from her G'pa Rick & G'ma Vicki (and sissy Amy).  The memories made that night definitely started a tradition! She found a new love and it's called "sweets"!! She made us laugh so hard.  She was a little skeptical at first...but when she got that first taste of that yummy icing -- well, lets just say she "raked it in!"  We took Bridgette her cupcaket too... I'm pretty sure her cake in Heaven was simply amazing too!!
 
 October brought not only the beginning of my favorite season, Fall, but Walter's Pumpkin Patch, and even more memories.  We had so much fun! It's so amazing as we watch her experience things for the first time, it's as if it's the first time for us as well.  Seeing life through her eyes has certainly opened ours.  Funny how our priorities have changed.  I remember when we started the IVF process, it felt as if some (almost) tried to discourage us. One because they said we had been married so long (18 years), with just the two of us, that it would be hard to inject a baby into the mix, and how that it could cause problems. And two, because we both were so active with hunting and horses that we would have to stop all of that. It was just the opposite.  If anything, it has brought us even closer and we have simply chosen to make her our priority not the hobbies.  We do laugh about what used to be a priority has shifted.  Not because we cannot make her a part of our hobbies, but because now we find ourselves just wanting to bask in her presence; and even find it hard to leave long enough to go to work.  If we could find a way to support our family and never have to leave her we would in a heartbeat.  However, I have a feeling that in a few years she would probably ask us to "go to work."  (haha)
 
Needless to say her first few months of life, is just an example of many more "firsts" for all of us. I am so looking forward to not only the holidays, but every day, as it brings a new memory for our journey.  This is definitely more than I could have ever imagined and I have a great imagination.  I am forever grateful for this wonderful bundle of joy God has entrusted in our care.  Although my hear aches because Bridgette is not here to experience these things with us, I know God knew best and I know she's watching over us from above.  He knew what we could handle and I am slowly learning to simply trust in Him and not second-guess it anymore. 
I promise to try and update more frequently and not one big blog every few months! :-)
Remember, no matter what your storm, there is sunshine and rainbows that soon follow!  Don't give up hope and remember, keep your eyes on Jesus, and He will never let you down!
 
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:27)
 
Blessings,
Ryan, Candye, Alexis (& Bridgette, RIP)

No comments:

Post a Comment