Tuesday, September 16, 2014

From 30,000+ -- In The Clouds...

Good morning all,

I did not get a chance to post this yesterday with the hustle and bustle of the day like I thought I would.

This is going to be a little different kind of blog today.  I thought I’d just go ahead and incorporate my daily tips into this since I have a little extra time today on the plane.  Hope you enjoy it! J
Monday, September 15, 2014 (Departure ICT to DEN)


Landing at DEN
Well, I’m at 36,500 ft. in the clouds flying to Portland, OR, for a week-long conference and continued training.  It’s hard to leave my little Angel at only 28 months old, but I need to be at this conference / training.  Today’s Tip: “'Never say Never!' It will come back to bite you."  I swore I’d be the Mother that never left her side; but that’s simply not realistic if a) I plan to continue to give her “more” and b) if I plan to remain in an executive position.  However I do feel so very fortunate to work for the company I do.  As with any business they have high-expectations of their staff, but it is such a blessing that they truly are a family oriented company. 
I continue with my career, not only because I love what I do, but because I want to instill in my daughter what my parents instilled in me –

  1. a heart for God & to live for Him
  2. a desire to do better than the day before
  3. good work ethics
  4. understanding that hard work pays off
  5. nothing in life is free
  6. true partnerships in marriages really do exist (as she sees her Daddy and I working so hard together to take care of her and give us a better life)
I am so thankful for what my parents have taught me and I pray that I make it off this plane and back home safely this week to continue to teach her those things. (smile)


I am really excited about this conference and learning more about this industry, meet some of the vendors I work with frequently, and learn about additional opportunities/vendors/systems/etc. available to enhance our business.  For those that know me, know that I spent over 11-years in the aviation industry, and my career has always been in Human Resources so this has been a leap of faith and major transition to go from HR to Operations.  I have to admit, at first I was skeptical that I could do it – but I have a good business mind, and I can honestly admit that I’m starting to really appreciate IT (Information Technology). It’s nice to be able to say “it’s invigorating to go to work every day!”

 

As I look out the window at over 35k feet in the air – a few emotions flood me.  First, I would love to say “Hello” to Jesus – oh what joy it brings to my soul to think about being in His presence (although I hope and pray it’s not anytime too soon because I really want to get back home safely to my family…lol). Next, it makes my heart just ache wishing I could give my Bridgette a BIG HUG & Kiss and wrap my arms around her and let her know that I love her soooo very much and miss her every day.  There is not a moment in my days that I do not think of her; but it’s comforting to know that she’s in Jesus’ arms and one day we’ll all be united as a family. Finally, I look out and see all of the magnificence of God’s creation.  Under these clouds is an amazing and breathless view of patchwork of God’s handy-work.  For those of you that fly – do you ever just get a huge lump in your throat, tears in your eyes, and a fulfilled blessing in your soul to look out across the skies (as far as your eyes can see) at just the indescribable beauty? I also think that it’s amazing that this is a resemblance of the forgiveness our sweet Savior extends to us  - Today’s Scripture: “As far as the East is to the West… our sins are forgiven.” (Psalm 103:12)

To me it’s just so amazing to look out and to know that we are truly forgiven, regardless of our pasts, or what we’ve done, even the times we fail him, after we give Him our all, and surrender our hearts and soul to Him, we can be forgiven if we just simply ask Him, believe it in our hearts, and live it. (Romans 3:23 & 1 John 1:9)

2nd Leg of today’s travels:

 
We are officially in flight from Denver to Portland.  I wish I would have had time to call Alexis in-between flights but I will just have to call as soon as I land in Portland. 

Today’s Humor: Oh goodness, there are several I could share with you today! I’ll just share the one I found to be the funniest…. “That moment when you realize you’re actually singing aloud with your earphones in… When I realized I was not singing in just my head… I opened my eyes and looked at the man next to me (he must have been able to tell by the loop on my face that I was a little embarrassed) he said, “really…it wasn’t that loud.” I said “My apologies… I just…” and he interrupted me and said, “really – it’s okay, I was actually enjoying it.”  I just said a ‘thank you’ with an embarrassed smiled and went back to writing this blog…. Yes, only me!! (LOL) 
Well, it's time to get this week started.  I'm really excited that I have this opportunity, but I also cannot wait to get home and see my family! Remember, whatever you're facing, whatever battle you're given, you have a God that is Much BIGGER! Trust in Him and let Him take care of it!

Blessings,
~Candye

No comments:

Post a Comment