September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015

Good evening,

Many of you have probably heard, read or seen on TV the news of something 'big' happening the end of September *this month*! I first really heard of it from our Pastor last night at church.... I have been so busy of late that I have neglected to keep current on the news or even events as a whole; which, by the way, I'm really saddened by that now.  I'll explain why later in the writing but for now, something much more pressing is on my heart that I want to share with you.

I am not a prophet, I am not claiming to have heard from Jesus our Lord, I have not had a dream or vision -- I am simply a Mother, whose heart is aching in fear that when I flew away from Wichita, KS this morning I may not return to see my baby girl, my husband, or my family.  I am not perfect and the first thing that does come to mind is, "what if September 23, 2015, is the day of the rapture, am I ready to meet the Lord? IS my name written in the Book of Life? I realized, if I question that then I must not be prepared, my heart must not be ready and for that I am ashamed because if my heart was where it should be I would be rejoicing instead of weeping. 
Yes, this all my be a hype just as many other 'prophets' have prophesied in the past years; however, it is really odd when you look at all of the dates, listen to those claiming to be prophets and reading the Bible -- it makes you think!

I also would like to clarify another very important point, the Bible is very clear that 'no man knows the day nor the hour in which the Lord will return,' (“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭36‬ NIV & “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭42‬ NIV). So, how do these individuals know...well, truth is, they do not.  BUT, I do believe in prophets, and I do believe that God gives certain gifts to certain individuals that will be able to warn us. As I reflect back on my 40'something years of life, I recall hearing my whole life that we are 'living in the end times,' that 'surely the Lord is returning soon because it just can't get much worse.' Truth is, 30+ years have passed and it continues to get worse.  

I sit here at this beautiful resort where the birds are so carefree and they are singing in the cool wind without a care in the world while I'm wondering, 'if the end is really here, if it really should happen this week, am I ready?' Just because I read my Bible, try to be a good person and go to church does not mean that I am "rapture ready."  It simply means nothing more than I am a good person.  The questions before me are: How many souls have I won to Christ? How many lives have I shared the gospel with and made an impact on so that others know they are ready to meet the Lord? When the Book of Life is opened, and I stand before the Lord on Judgment Day, will Jesus say, "well done my faithful servant?" or will He say, "go away, I never knew you?"

Also, I have a husband and daughter that I left behind this morning (no punt intended). Getting on that plane was one of the hardest things I had to do. Not because I'm not leaving her in good hands, but because just 'what if' everything does happen as they say it does over the next few days? Then it hit me... WHY AM I GIVING THE DEVIL THE SATISFACTION OF WORRY? WHY AM I ALLOWING HIM TO CONSUME MY MIND WITH FEAR? Well, because that's just what he does. He comes to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10), but our Lord comes so that we could have life and have it abundantly! 
 
The moral of this blog is to fight against the devil and his stupid attacks, worries and anxieties he tries to create...and make sure you're ready to meet the Lord should it be today, tomorrow, or in the next 15 years. As the farmer told the boy when he asked when is the best time to pray, he said, "right before you die and since we do not know when that time it then it's best to pray daily!"

Make memories & make today count!
Have a blessed day!!
~Candye

Comments

Popular Posts