Christmas 2015 - Take 2!

Well, here's 'Take 2!'  

I added a picture at the end of my previous blog and somehow it erased EVERYTHING I had written... LOL - sometimes you just have to laugh and thank God for second chances... I look at it this way - obviously, maybe I needed to add something or leave something out; so I'm going to try this again... (Big smile)!

As I stayed up last night finishing the wrapping, putting the key out for Santa (since we don't have a chimney) and getting things ready for his arrival, I couldn't help but wonder what life would be like if our precious Bridgette were here. Don't misunderstand me - I am FOREVER grateful for our little miracle, Alexis, but my heart does grieve still missing our sweet 'GG.' I'm sure she's having a heavenly time with Jesus, the Angels and all of our loved ones that have their new homes on the street of gold. When I did finally get to go to bed, I couldn't help it - tears streamed down my cheeks as I looked over at the amazing man and daughter laying there sound asleep! If there were never another gift under a tree for me again I would not complain because my two greatest gifts I call husband and daughter...it just doesn't get any better & there is no other gift that could compare to them!  

I woke this morning to a beautiful blue-eyed earthly angel asking, "Mommy, did Santa Clause come?" Of which my heart immediately filled with such joy seeing the magic in her eyes. We ran downstairs, woke "Dam-maw," then ran outside to see if the reindeer ate their food and sure enough they did. Her eyes lit up and even I "Believed!" We ran inside and it was magic...the tree was FILLED with amazing presents, from Santa and other amazing people in our lives. 

As I watched her excitement I wondered if this is how Mary felt on this day when she gave birth to our Lord and Savior. What a miracle she had and although I'm not saying my baby is close to the miracle of Jesus, she most definitely is a miracle. 

As you go about your day today, remember it's more than just the gifts, it's Jesus' Birthday & he gave us the greatest gift of all. 

"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"). (Matthew 1:23)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

From our family to yours, may your hearts be filled with love, joy and laughter; and may you never stop 'Believing' that dreams do come true and miracles still happen....

Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday, Jesus!! 

Hugs, Blessings & Love!
The Daughhetee's
Ryan, Candye, Alexis & Bridgette

Comments

Popular Posts