Christmas 2015


The clock has struck midnight and it is officially Christmas Day, 2015. Please don't misunderstand this, but as happy & complete as I am for my precious little miracle, Alexis, a piece of me lives in heaven with my dear Bridgette. I often have wondered what life would be like if she were here I'm sure the two would be into all kind of mischief. 

"Dam-maw" Carol made it safe & sound today (Christmas Eve) and they are all quietly tucked away as my sweet blue-eyed angel anticipates the arrival of Santa Clause. We put out "reindeer food" this evening and cookies and milk for Santa. The gifts are all wrapped, Santa's key is by the door (since we don't have a chimney), the 'big gift' (her swing set) will be assembled tomorrow, breakfast casserole is prepped & ready for the oven and I am getting ready for bed myself now. But before I go I just want to remind you of the true meaning of this day. Yes, the gifts are fun and seeing family is a blessing, but lest we forget that this day is about the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

         "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"). (Matthew 1:23)

          For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

I'm so thankful for my Lord. He's been my best friend and stuck by me through thick and thin. 

Clearly I must have been more sleepy than I thought. I woke this morning to a beautiful little girl asking, "Mommy, did Santa Clause come?" Of course I can't explain the joy my heart had. 

We jumped out of bed, ran downstairs to wake up Dam-maw, then raced back upstairs to check and see if the reindeer ate their food....sure enough they did; which only meant one thing....Santa Clause HAD stopped at our house!! What a joy to see the magic and belief through the eyes of a miracle baby. She may never know just how much joy she brings me daily, nor that she made me "Believe" again as well.  

Never stop believing!! 

May your day be full while making memories, your heart expanded with indescribable joy and your soul remember what it's like to believe again! 

From our family to yours.....Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday, Jesus! 

Hug, Love & Blessings, 

The Daughhetee's
Ryan, Candye, Alexis & Bridgette

Comments

Popular Posts