Thankful Heart...

Today we had an interesting day! I was able to get in a quick blog this morning while she slept, got a little work done (for both ARSI and R+F), but then the day halted as my baby girl woke up with a horrible cough and wheezing. My first instinct was to run her to the doctor because I hate seeing her sick, then I quickly remembered that I serve a mighty God that is still in the healing business...so I sent a couple of texts to some prayer warriors and asked for prayers. Then I prayed for her myself. We are all given the gift of being able to pray over our children, our issues + problems, and situations. The Bible tells us to Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16). And that is just what I did. I firmly believe in the power of prayer! 

Thank goodness for my sister... I did not want to get her out so my sister brought over some decongestant and more medicine. It is so nice to have them so close to us!!  After my brother-in-law and sister-in-law moved to Germany we were the lone rangers here in KS...so it's nice to have family close again.  She also, being the awesome Auntie she is, brought her a 'feel better gift.'  It is an Anna (from Frozen) piggy bank that she got to paint. She was so excited! She loves FROZEN so this was a huge hit with her.  She went right to painting as soon as I figured out how to disassemble the box it came in. I tell you, they certainly make toys so hard to get into and get out of boxes these days.  You almost have to have a special degree or secret code... (smile) She climbed up to the table, I got it all prepared, and she went to painting, and before I knew it she was mixing all of the colors and painting away. It was so fun to just sit and watch her concentrate and focus. What was even more funny was when I tried to "help" her with the color pallets and help her chose which colors went where... she quickly said, "No thank you."  I knew then that this was going to be her own unique painting and it would be beautiful when she finished! 

She still isn't feeling very good, so we did not get to go to church, which we both missed, but we did manage to get in some play time again today.  She wanted to play Candy Land in her Frozen tent. It was a little crowded for both of us but we managed. We climbed in and counted all of the colors on the board, mixed the rules all up to fit our own needs and she allowed us both to be winners!! 


My morning devotion was so fitting for the day -- yet again!! 
COME TO ME WITH A THANKFUL HEART, so that you can enjoy My Presence. This is the day that I have made. I want you to rejoice today, refusing to worry about tomorrow. Search for all that I have prepared for you, anticipating abundant blessings and accepting difficulties as they come. I can weave miracles into the most mundane day if you keep your focus on Me.  Come to Me with all your needs, knowing that My glorious riches are a more-than-adequate supply. Stay in continual communication with Me, so that you can live above your circumstances even while you are in the midst of them. Present your requests to Me with thanksgiving, and My Peace, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your heart and mind. (Psalm 118:24; Philippians 4:19, 6:-7)
Isn't it just like God to show up and show out on a day that He already knew I would be facing! I just LOVE that He loves me enough to allow me to come to Him with all my wants and needs! And, the best part is, He supplies them!! It may not be on my time-frame - because certainly I wanted instant healing and well, my precious baby girl is still not feeling good - BUT I TRUST and BELIEVE that My God will heal her and this junk will run it's course and she WILL be better before we know it.  This reminds me that so often we get frustrated or discouraged thinking that God must not have heard our cries or our pleas for the desires of our hearts, but it's not our time, it's His time! I learned that 4 years ago when He finally gave me the desires of my heart and blessed our family with this precious little darlin', Alexis! We waited eighteen (18) years, yes, that is not a typo, we found out our IvF took on our 18 year anniversary and there is nothing in this world I could have received that would have made me happier. You see... we just have to learn to not give up! Regardless what you're praying for...take it to Jesus, leave it at His feet and then TRUST Him and LET Him do the rest. 

Oh, I must not forget to share with you all the finished product of my precious daughter's painting today.... Isn't it wonderful... unique...? (big smile). 

Remember, whatever your needs are - don't spend any more time complaining or doubting...but take your needs to the Cross and then leave them there... we serve a Mighty God!! He will deliver... in His time - which is always perfect timing! 

Have a blessed week!!
Candye
"G18"
  

Comments

Popular Posts