Truths of Mommy-hood!

Whew! It's been a long couple of days... this is a "hidden truths" behind being the Mommy to a toddler. Don't ever let anyone lie to you, it's true, being a Mommy is hard work. You have to be able to mend things (even when you can't sew), you have to be able to fix dinner (even when you can't cook), you have to be able to do all the things no one else wants to do...like not getting any sleep when your baby is sick and you feel absolutely helpless because there is nothing you can do except walk the floor and pray or hold her when she's tired and cranky but really doesn't want you to hold her, but doesn't want you to put her down either.... that's been my life for the last 72 hours...

Before I continue...please know, this is in NO WAY a complaint blog. If anything, it's an "I'm So Blessed Blog!" I cannot even count the number of times I thank our heavenly Father for my daughter and family daily! I bet sometimes He wishes I would play the quiet game! (lol) But, even through the sleepless nights and tears - because I don't know what to do next - I am absolutely grateful that I am the Mommy! It is a tough job, but it is THE BEST job ever!!

We woke up Friday morning with both of us being sick...I got to feeling better as the weekend closed but my precious little doll did not. So, today I took her to the doctor and low and behold she has Streptococcal Pharyngitis (short: Strep Throat!). Ugh! How could I have missed this?? Was I just not in-tune with her? Did she complain about her throat and I missed it? I've racked my brain trying to figure out how I missed it....so I began 'googling' and searching trying to figure out what the symptoms are and then realized, she probably was carrying the bug last week, when she got sick Friday it caused her little immune system to get weakened and then by yesterday (Sunday) morning when she woke with a fever it was starting to really set in.  She never did complain about her throat until this morning... I knew she was really sick when she told me she was cold. My baby never says she's cold. This is unreal. What? She actually WANTS socks on her feet?!?!? Okay, she's really sick.

So after I quit beating myself up I realized it's just the joys of life and being a blessed Mommy....sure we want to fix everything and make it all better. Truth is, sometimes you just can't. Sometimes you just have to let it run it's course and the antibiotics are in her now and we're on the mend...within 24 hours my little doll will be back to her chipper self - I have Faith!

Ironically, yet again, my daily devotion was right on queue.
I AM LEADING YOU ALONG THE HIGH ROAD, but there are descents as well as ascents. In the distance you see snow-covered peaks glistening in brilliant sunlight. Your longing to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts. Your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path. Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me. 
Learn to trust Me when things go "wrong." Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me. Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all. Walk hand in hand with Me through this day. I have lovingly planned every inch of the way. Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep. Breathe deep draughts of My Presence, and hold tightly to My hand. Together we can make it.  (John 21:19; 2 Corinthians 4:17; Habakkuk 3:19) 
Now if that isn't just perfect for me today I don't know what is. And, the funny part is, it's fitting in so many aspects of my today and the last few weeks. One would think that after as long as I've been serving God I would not continue to be surprised when He shows me the way...yet each time I am! It's like the first time He's bringing me through all over again...just amazing!

I am so glad that her fever has gone down because I absolutely cannot sleep when she has a fever and tonight I am TIRED! But, I'm certain she is too. Poor baby was up most of the night coughing last night and today so I'm so thankful she is getting some relief with this antibiotic.

I want to make something perfectly clear... in my previous blog I posted how I prayed over her and I want it to be very well understood that I DO believe in healing. I also believe in using the common sense the good Lord gave me and the wits to know when I am supposed to take my baby to the doctor. He says to trust in Him - no where in the Bible does it say "be stupid and stay home when your baby needs medicine." I just don't want anyone to misconstrue my words or my Faith and think that I've lost Faith just because we have a family doctor...

I leave you with these final thoughts as I'm exhausted and ready for bed.... Regardless of what you're facing, what trials you're going through, what situation you're in - never take a shortcut. Yes, there will be ups and there will be downs along life's highway - but the key is to keep going, keep your faith in Christ, keep your eyes on the mark (the prize) and put your trust in Him! Taking shortcuts may cause you to miss out on an amazing blessing that's in-store for you and could make all the difference in the world for your calling.  Be Patience, Be Kind, Be Faithful, and Be You!

May God Richly Bless you as you come and go this week!

Thank you all for the continued prayers...they're working so please, keep them coming!

Blessings,
Candye
"G18 Mommy"

Comments

Popular Posts