Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Dose of Truth Serum....A Call For Prayer!

 Main Place Youth

WOW! Have you ever had an evening that left you energized and speechless! That's always amazing when something leaves me speechless, especially seeing how I always seem to have something to say! :) Tonight I had the honor to sit in on a board meeting as a guest, meet some amazing young girls, and a board that has a heart for God and a desire to make a difference in the lives of others.

I have had the honor to sit on a board as the Advisory Counsel for a local non-profit organization that helped bring healing of restoration to families in need for the last few years. Tonight I had the honor to be a guest of a very like-mission organization. The crazy thing is....I did not even know it existed and it's literally less than 30 miles from my home in the little town of Kingman, Kansas. Main Place Youth is an awesome organization that specializes as a group home for young girls, ages 12-18 y/o, that are struggling and the best part is its founded on Christian principals. I typically do not miss church on Wednesday if I can help it - but this evening I just felt led to go at the request of a dear friend. What I realized after the first 15 minutes of the meeting is it was designed by God that I was there.

What breaks my heart is that more people don't know about it. I hope this blog will bring awareness as they are truly a unique home that is doing amazing things for our next generation. As I sat in the meeting I felt my heart grow heavier and heavier for this home. They are very frugal yet they do so much with so little. I want to beckon you all to bind in prayer with me that God will give this home more than they need, that He will help them to have an abundance and that finances will be of no worries at all. This little board is a mighty Godly board that is doing amazing things in the lives of these young girls.

It's proven that we live in a society that creates such confusion in the mind of our children. Promoting promiscuity and illicit immorality that causes self-esteem and lack of confidence issues in our young boys and girls. These young children are our next generation and they are the ones that will someday lead our world. If we do not intervene we are headed for turmoil like we've never seen. That's why I am beyond grateful for my church family (The Ark Church). Their main focus is on the kids! They have a vision for our youth and that's where it should be. We all should grab that vision and make it our personal mission to start with mentoring our own children and then reaching out and mentoring and helping other children around us.  Our children are suffering and we need to get back to our knees and take hold of the Hand of God until we get our children and country back. We've swung so far to the left on the moral pendulum that most don't even realize it because it's become such a norm in our society. The rest have just played the role of the ostrich and hid their heads in the sand hoping that one day they'll raise it and it will all be okay and everything will be right in the world. Well, let me just give you a "dose of truth serum".... It's not! That's not how it's going to happen. Until we wake up and take up the armor of God and get to battle on our knees we're going to be in for a rude awakening and more children are going to continue to be lost souls searching for anything and everything to fill their voids.

We have children fighting for their life, dying of overdoses and be sold as sex slaves all because we've lost touch with God. I don't care what religion you are - it's not about "religion." It's about getting a hold of the God that gave His only begotten Son so that we ALL may live and have life abundant. That means our children deserve a chance to live the best life they can. We have got to do something or something is going to happen that will shake this world like never before. We're already seeing it - but most just chose to ignore it if its not affecting you or right in your backyard.

If you want to help out and do something that will make an impact, I plead that you will get on your knees and pray - pray that God will intervene. Then, if you would like to make a donation to this wonderful charity click this link to access the donation page of the website.  No amount is too small.

As I said before, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of King and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy...thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!
"Pretty words aren't always true....and true words aren't always pretty." 
"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)
Blessings,
Candye
"G18 Mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment