It's Okay To Be Real!

A few months ago I set out to change the 'scope' of my writings. I decided I wanted to be more "real" so other working Mommy's could have a sense of accomplishment, know that we all make mistakes, we all get frustrated (regardless of your level of faith), we all have days filled with doubt -- but the key is to NOT STAY in those frames of mind. To learn how to get up, get motivated, get inspired, get real, and get results, would require learning how to identify with 'Reality' and the 'Truth!'

Today, I am being real about the fact that I am exhausted and that all of us have moments in our journey when we feel drained -- when we feel like we simply cannot take another step. We all have difficult days, trying times, and perplexing periods in life that just leave us completely exhausted. But, we can be thankful that our God stands ready and willing to give us comfort and strength if we'll just open our hearts and let Him.
"The Lord is the strength of my life" (Psalm 27:1)
If you're like me, you're "burning the candle at both ends," sapping our energy and just before the breaking point we have to stop, reset and restart. What I'm realizing is when I let myself get that drained then I'm really of no use to anyone. We're spent, poured out and just plain wiped out. I try to give everyone my all and realize that no-one gets any. At least not anything of real substance, or at most, when I'm in this condition they get me at best at 50%. That's not fair to you, your family, your employees, your employer, and most importantly -- your God. The key is to learn that now is the time to learn what's important, what you have the ability to change, what's okay to delegate (that's a taboo word to most executives) and to place first things first. Thank goodness we have a new day, everyday, and it's a second chance.

One of the first steps we have to take is learning that we will have to say 'NO!' This means that we have to identify what's most important and then recognize the things we simply cannot do or, as hard as it may be, delegate certain tasks to others. That's tough, especially for those of you that are 'control freaks' (not pointing any fingers here because rightly so three would be pointing back at your #1 offender in this category. But when we do these few little things, that's when we are able to rest our weary frames in the hands of the Almighty, spending quality time with God and allowing Him to give us rest. He knows our abilities. I'm so thankful that our faithful Father sees the big picture and shoulders our yoke with us. This is instrumental if you're ever going to be successful at anything.
"...In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15
The next thing I've found to be the primary step is to "Focus on the Lord." Ask Him for wisdom to prioritize the day you have before you. Ask Him for the strength to fulfill your responsibilities. Send up a silent plea for rest and rejuvenation then rejoice when He answers. 

Part of my morning prayer is: Dear Lord, let me find my strength in You. Teach me to rest in Your love and leadership and give me the wisdom and strength to allow you to be the Pilot of my day and life. Help me to remain humble and to always be a servant to you and those I need to serve around me. 


It may seem simple, but it's effective. What you're doing is beginning your day in a humble mode that will carry you through. Inviting Him to walk with you in the beginning ensures He stays with you 'til the end.

Another reality I've discovered is, as a "Career-Mommy," I have definitely learned the hard way, the higher you excel in your career, it becomes even more instrumental that you learn to say "No!" instead of "yes, yes, yes!". Sadly, the way life is nowadays, it will push us to the brink of self-destruction trying to keep up and maintain on its own, but because we live in such a fast-pace 'gotta-have-it-now' society, it will be even more critical that we maintain a healthy balance, learn what's most important and maintain focus on your goals. Otherwise, you will end up spinning your wheels, feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and some days simply completely out of control.


Finally, I leave you with this. Time is a commodity. We are all given 168 hours in a week. How you choose to spend it is entirely up to you. However, I would encourage you to really take a long hard look at where your loyalty and commitments are, and make adjustments accordingly. We are only give this day once! You do not get a 'replay,' 'redo,' or 'undo.' You have to be wise, be diligent, be faithful and live with integrity in every action you take. It does not mean that you will not make mistakes, but it does mean that you will learn from them and always find a way to get up, get moving, try again and never quit. Because, it's not over until He says it is, and the reality is - it could be in your next breath - so what do you want to be remembered for?

As I always say, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of Kings and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today. Be nice to others and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy....thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!
"Pretty words aren't always true...and true words aren't always pretty."
"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)
Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"

Comments

Popular Posts