Self-Reflection = Self-Growth


What do others see when they look at you?
Do you wear a 'Spiritual wardrobe?' Where is your heart? Are you living to lift others up or break them down? Are you living to the fullest or just to get by? 

"Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her: "Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all." Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs‬ ‭31:25-31‬)

I personally reflect on these questions often. My hearts desire is that when others look at me, I want them to see a kind heart, a loving and forgiving heart, but I want them to see a strong and independent Godly "Proverbs 31 Woman." One after God's own heart and not just one surviving to get through my days. I strive to be a loving wife, a mommy that sets correct examples, cheerful giver, caring sister, daughter, aunt, and great friend. I want to be more than I was the day before. I want to lift others and help them be as successful as they desire. But, more than anything, I want others to see Christ in me. All that I am, all that I do, I want it to be to glorify Christ. 

Today is simply a stepping stone to the next day or to eternity. I am far from perfect, and I know I have flaws, but what I do about them separates me from who I was yesterday, who I am today, and who I will be tomorrow. I love what Maya Angelou said, "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." 

Take a step back, reflect on who you are and how others see you, but also on how you see yourself. Then ask yourself, "is this really who I want to be?"  If it's not, call me. I'd love to pray with you. I'd love to help you get to the next level in your journey without compromising your integrity or staying stuck in a place that is dark and lonely or just unsure and not satisfying. Whatever your dreams are, dream bigger! God declared that we are to be the head and not the tail. Once we start believing that - then great things begin to happen, but only if we move.



"And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them." (‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭28:13‬)

There is so much more waiting on you .... You just have to take that first step - it's always the hardest, but the most rewarding part of your journey is just ahead, waiting on you to step out in Faith! Believe in yourself and others will too!

Remember, as I wrote before, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of King and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy...thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!

 "Pretty words aren't always true...and true words aren't always pretty."

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"

Comments

Popular Posts