The Choice Is Yours

Good morning blogger fans! 


As I wake to the news this morning it just continues to remind me why I dread turning it on.  There is so much sadness that's been going on in this world of late that I just wish I could fix it all. We all need to stop. Take a moment to really look around. Take a moment to recognize the beauty that surrounds you. Maybe it's not all glitz and gold but if you look at what surrounds you I'm sure you can find SOMETHING or SOMEONE to be thankful for.  As I look around I see so much wealth and it has nothing to do with monetary things. I see a little girl that is playing with a stuffed bear she's trying to hang on the side of a chair, pretending it's in a tree, a husband that just got home and eating breakfast, the TV sounding in the background, Molly (our family dog) curled up on the coach and the wind silent outside as the heat index is in full climb to reach a sultry hot day. What I realize is that I'm beyond blessed and the richest person in the world. I have a family that loves me and that I love unconditionally, a cool house to be in out of the inclement weather, food in the cabinets, clothes in the closets, and so much more...I could just go on and on and on...but I think you get the point. 

So many times people get caught up in all that they don't have - and there are so many with so much less - and there are so many with so much more; however, I learned a long time ago that 'comparison' only robs you of your own joy. I challenge you today to learn to be happy and content with what you have and if you want more then find a way to get more without hurting others. Set your mind, set your goals and then make it happen! But more importantly - love what you have! 


You know what to do.... It's AWESOME time!! GO! Let them be envious of your amazing self!! Have a blessed day! Make memories and make today count! 

Remember, as I've written before, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of Kings and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy...thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!

 "Pretty words aren't always true...and true words aren't always pretty, but when the truth is spoken, it's always beautiful!"

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

Make memories and make today count for today will never come again. GO! Be the awesome person God designed you to be! Have a blessed day! 

Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts