God...Our Constant Companion...

These last couple of nights have brought me much worry and little sleep. My baby girl has been so sick. I cannot recall the last time when I felt more helpless. As my 4-year old hovered over that trash can dry heaving, looking up at me crying with such a sick and confused look, and I had nothing to offer but tears and a wet wash cloth to wipe her little face and mouth, I pleaded with God to heal her and spoke my prayers aloud. But I felt like my prayers were bouncing off the ceiling with every moan and cry of my daughter. When we finally laid down, each time I found my eyes wide open, despite the grave tiredness my mind and body felt. That's when I felt God nudging me to hit my knees and that's just what I did. 

(Above picture represents truths behind being a tired, worried Mommy) 

The Bible instructs us to take our burdens to the Lord and He will give us rest. It also instructs for us to call on those around us (elders of our church) to agree in prayer and that's just what I did. This morning I reached out to my church family and (of course) my Facebook family to bind in prayer with me. I am always overwhelmed and humbled when I know so many are in prayer with me. It's such an indescribable feeling to know what happens when one or more approach the throne of God with a like-prayer. 

 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.""‭‭ (Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬)

Worry. All too often, it robs us of precious sleep. The future is uncertain. Sick children that make us feel so helpless. Finances trouble us, especially when those big, unexpected costs pop up and there has been no changes in pay to compensate for inflation and economical changes. Sometimes it's hard to release our troubles and anxieties to the Lord. It's hard just to relax. 

My tip for you today is, if you find you can't sleep, make good use of that wakeful time in the night hours - talk to God about your fears. He hears every prayer of His needy children, and He fills them with His presence. 


Sometimes it helps to write our problems on paper and set them aside to deal with in the morning. God may surprise us with creative ideas while we sleep, showing us His divine way to handle our concerns. 

Worried chicks, fearful of the world around them, run to their mother hens, who lift their wings to protect their little ones. In the same way, God invites us to hide under His wings. There we find shelter and joy, knowing that we're never alone. 

Never forget that no matter what you face, if you will have Faith and turn it over to the Lord, it will be answered! 

Today's Scripture: "When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me." (Psalm 63:6-8) 

Remember, as I've written before, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of Kings and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy...thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!

 "Pretty words aren't always true...and true words aren't always pretty, but when the truth is spoken, it's always beautiful!"

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

Make memories and make today count for today will never come again. GO! Be the awesome person God designed you to be! Have a blessed day! 

Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts