Tuesday, September 20, 2016

How To Be A Better Mommy...

In my bible study this morning, I was reminded that how being a parent is a tough job! It is, hands-down, the most amazing and rewarding one ever, but it can be taxing -- and mine's only 4! (Lord help me!) 

"Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." ‭‭(Proverbs‬ ‭22:6‬) 

What does that verse really mean? I've read it hundreds of times throughout my life, but the meaning of it is so much more significant now that I'm reading it as a Mommy. As a parent myself now I better understand that this scripture is most definitely not a guarantee that if you teach your child the right ways, Godly ways, that they won't stray.  

We need to understand that just as we grew up and matured we made our own decisions about whether or not to obey God, to follow Him. While we certainly need to teach and encourage our children to choose God's way (note Abraham's example in Genesis 18:19), we also need to realize that our children may have to learn through trial and error and that they may choose a different path than the one in which they grew up. Just as I did growing up, I ventured away from God's Word for a time in my life. Actually, a very long time. I had to make my own mistakes and live my own life. Truth is, I'm still making mistakes and learning. But, I had a foundation instilled in me and I was rooted in a faith I knew to be true & solid. 

Even during the times when I wasn't "claiming" to walk with Jesus, or letting Him walk with me, I am so glad that I had prayer warriors covering me with their prayers daily; which, I'm certain kept me safe. I also remember that during troubled times I always found myself going back to my safe-zone, at the feet of Jesus. It's what I knew growing up my whole life! It was one of the constants in my childhood. 

Most certainly, I still have a lot to learn about being a parent, but one thing I know for sure is, this scripture is not a guarantee of how my daughter will turn out.  What I teach her will be of much more importance than what I buy (and give) her.   

Be a prayer warrior over your child(ren). Cover them with prayer daily. Cover yourself with prayer daily. Teach them to pray and to know the right ways. I promise you it does make a difference, I'm living proof of that. I leave you with this. There is a guarantee from our Heavenly Father -- He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6)



Today's Scripture: "Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him."‭‭ (Psalm‬ ‭127:3‬)

Today's Humor: I want patience....AND I WANT IT NOW!!! 😁

I pray you have an amazing day full of joy unspeakable!! 

Remember, as I've written before, if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalm 139:14). Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of Kings and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference in others lives, but more importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy...thank God for Bounty paper towels, Grace & Mercy!

"Pretty words aren't always true...and true words aren't always pretty, but when the truth is spoken, it's always beautiful!"

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

Make memories and make today count for today will never come again. GO! Be the awesome person God designed you to be! Have a blessed day! 

Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"
"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

No comments:

Post a Comment