Sunday, October 15, 2017

Finding Joy In Loss....



I woke this morning with a heavy but grateful heart, but I am so thankful for memories and priceless friendships. ♥️

My daughter asked me this morning, "Mommy, why are you so sad?" With tears rolling down my cheeks I said, "Because Heaven gained another Angel and Mommy wasn't ready to let her go!" 

Her response was priceless. "Mom, (in such a grown up voice), it's okay. Jesus needed her!" Then she asked, "will she see my sister?" 
I lost it! I truly believe that Children are a gift from God. How we raise them is our thanks to Him. 

Today we start the 'celebration' of an amazing life of our sweet friend, Michelle. On one hand I am beyond sad and on the other I am full of gratefulness.  

Anyone that knew her, had the honor to witness true grit, greatness, strength, humbleness, kindness and grace. She was a friend to many and an inspiration to all! 

She loved everyone without expectations or conditions. Pure and beautiful! She taught me so much! 

I don't understand why her life was so short but I know His plans are bigger than we can fathom. I just keep telling myself its because her impact was so great - she didn't need more time. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I cannot wait to hear all of the wonderful stories everyone has to share today of our Princess Warrior! 

Continued prayers are appreciated for her husband and family! 

Life is but one breath after another, of which the next is not guaranteed. But, friendships are a blessing that continue to flourish long after the breaths are gone. 

I pray we all learn from Michelle that life is a journey of many blessings, more of giving and less taking! 



Until we meet again..... 

With a broken heart, 
Candye~
"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

No comments:

Post a Comment