Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Preparing For Surgery...



As I'm preparing to go in for surgery tomorrow, I find myself with a mix of crazy emotions. 

This isn't my first surgery, by far. Most of you know our story, and you know that when you are the momma to 18 children, but only one living, it doesn't happen without going through multiple surgeries. 

So why the anxiety!?! 

Well, this surgery is an emotional end for me and my family. Any hopes we had of having more children will be put to rest tomorrow morning. It's hard to digest.

On top of that, this time, this surgery, it's different. This time I have a little girl to think about, not just my hubby and horses. To say my mind is racing, is an understatement.  Do I have everything planned out for her over the next week? Is the laundry done? Did I get everything her and my husband need for the next week? Did I remember to add the things my parents like to eat to the shopping list? Oh my, what am I forgetting? 

This morning I woke up looking at my daughter and tears rolled down my cheek. What a blessing! I will not be sad! I have exactly what I have always prayed for. One child! 

I began to pray. "Lord, take this anxiety and fear away. I know it is not designed of you. It is an attack of the enemy." I felt a nudge that beckon me to open a text I received from our sweet Pastors wife and noticed the last three words of one of her texts.... "it is well." 
 
Peace is beautiful! Obedience is even sweeter. 

I will be a Warrior, not a worrier! I opened my Bible and began reading. I didn't even finish my prayer but giggled as I apologized to my Heavenly Father for I do that often. I'll be praying and in the middle of my prayer find myself in the midst of my Bible. He's used to it by now. (You can insert your best smiley face here...lol). 

The Bible is filled with verses that can bring peace in the middle of struggles, worries and fear. If we ask God, He promises us HIS peace "that passes understanding"! I thought I would share a few Bible verses for meditation when you feel overwhelmed (like I am this week) and maybe you do not know the next step to take. Take time to read these and meditate on them. Let them marinate into your heart. 

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians‬ ‭3:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (‭‭I Peter‬ ‭5:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬) 

And finally, one of my all-time favorites.... 

"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

I serve the Prince of Peace. My trust is in Him. He is the one and only that extends true peace! 

I am so thankful that I serve a mighty God that loves me enough to give me peace. That leads me to verses in the Bible that comfort me in a time of need. 

The best thing you can do when you are filled with anxiety and worry is to find a quiet place to pray, read Scripture, and listen to encouraging worship music. God wants you to have a life lived to the fullest and that includes being at peace!

Whatever you're going through. Whatever pain you're in or big decision you have to make - I encourage you to find your way to your knees. There is great peace at the feet of the Master. 

I'm am not going to be posting or writing much over the next couple of days but do ask that you keep me and my family in your prayers. God has this (and it is) in the palm of His hands and I will be back in a couple of days! 

You know what to do... GO! Start your day acknowledging how awesome YOU are!! 

Don't forget to make memories and make today count! You only get one chance at today! Have a blessed day! 


Blessings,
Candye~
"G18 Mommy"
#WakePraySlay 

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

If you agree please post a comment, like, or share...no need to keep this to yourself - others may need encouragement and need to read it to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment