Stop Blaming Yourself...

  

Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents, but that the works of God might be revealed in Him."

That was so confusing for me to digest. So never be afraid to ask questions. After all, this question from the disciples set me free! 

The idea of having a child with any complications was overwhelming enough, but giving birth to a deceased child was unbearable, and it was followed by waves of guilt. I knew my past, and I knew I wasn't perfect so I quickly took the blame. Blame and guilt are from the devil, but he loves to heap these on people when they're going through difficult times. I was really convinced without a doubt that I was to blame for my baby Bridgette's diagnosis and ultimately her death. 

When it came down to it, I felt like a lesser person to begin with so it wasn't difficult to believe this had happened to me instead of all the great people I knew. I felt this was payment for all the sins I'd ever committed. For not having enough "faith." This guilt and blame increased until I was thoroughly convinced that I was to pay for all my sins. 

Yet, one day the Lord brought this Scripture before my eyes: "You shall know the truth and the truth will make you free". I started searching God's Word and asking Him what He thought. Thank God, He began to answer me. 

I will never forget the day I came across this Scripture in John 9 where the disciples were questioning who has caused the man to be born blind - he or his parents. Jesus blew them all away with one word. Jesus said, "Neither!"

Praise God! The chains of guilts that had held me captive for years fell off instantly in a moment of truth. The truth totally set me free. 

There are about 4.6 millions children in our country with some kind of disability and more then 50 million people with disabilities. All of these families need to know the truth so that they can also be set free from their guilt. I am committed to spreading the truth to everyone I can. 

If this is you, then be encouraged knowing that it's not your fault. You are not paying for your sins through the loss of a child, or any other horrible thing you can muster up and imagine. 

Jesus loves you and he is using your story to touch millions, just as he is with ours. Our precious Bridgette toughed hundreds of thousands of people in her short time with us. And, now our amazing Alexis continues to touch others as well. I pray for her ministry and future husband now. Yes, I know she's just five (and a half), but the Bible tells us to pray for their futures now. 

"And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him." (‭John‬ ‭9:2-3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

Don't be ashamed of yourself or your story. Your past (experiences) is going to be a blessing to someone. So tell your story! Let Jesus work through you. Our greatest testimonies come from our most horrific tests. You never know who you may help, or save. 



You know what to do! GO! Be that amazing person God designed you to be! Remember, when you are a blessing is when you receive a blessing! 

In Christ, 

Candye~
"G18Mommy"
#WakePraySlay

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts