Thank you, Lord, for my pain.




Thank you, Lord, for my pain. 

Yes, you read that right. And, yes, you read that and probably took a double-take and thought "she's a little crazy." (giggle) Well, I won't deny a little 'crazy.' But, read on... I promise, you'll understand. 

Yesterday evening I posted a "frustrated post" on Facebook venting about the level of pain I'm still in 5 weeks post-surgery. I admit, I do have a severe case of cabin fever after being inside these 4-walls for 5 weeks (exactly today). Most have to be careful for 8 weeks post-op but there are very few cases like mine. I love always being in that "exception" pool! (insert your biggest, cheesiest smile here!) 

God woke me this morning (very early... 3'ish) and beckoned me to my knees and I am so thankful that He loves me enough to wake me and teach me. 

After praying and some silence listening with Him, I began to understand that there IS joy in my pain. The alternative is it could always be much worse!  

Truth is, we all have pains and issues we deal with. But never forget what the Bible tells us in James 1:2-8 to "count it all joy when you fall into various trials....it produces patience." WOW! I love how much He loves me! How He uses my shortcoming so others can prosper and learn with me. We serve such a gracious and merciful God! 

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." (James‬ ‭1:2-3‬)

Whatever you're going through, rest assured that it is for a purpose and just a season. I am actually excited to see what and where this leads me to next. God has never failed me yet and I expect BIG MIRACLES and a GREAT TESTIMONY when I'm through this. And mark my word, I will get through this - just as you will. 

Today's challenge....Be a blessing! 

Love,
Candye~
"G18Mommy"
#WakePraySlay

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts