Counting Blessings...

As I sit here and watch my daughter jump on the trampoline and enjoy this beautiful day, I cannot help but think about what an amazing blessing it is to be me! 


How many times have you just stopped and thought, "It's good to be me!" 

I love the life God has graced me with. I, just like you, get consumed with day to day busyness. I let the day to day grind sometimes steal my joy without even realizing it until I'm consumed with the guilt of missing quality time with my little family. 
Yes! I post a daily inspiration for all, but what you need to understand is that they are just as much for myself as they are for you. We all need to remind ourselves that it is GOOD to be who we are. If that is not the case for you, then you need to take a moment to reflect on where you came from, to where you are today, and count your blessings. 



I look back at where we were just 7 short years ago. Scared to death not knowing what each day would hold for us. We were delivering two precious girls. One we would hold in our arms that was alive and breathing.  Another that had taken her last breath just three short months sooner inter womb. We were scared. How would we ever get through the hurt and pain of saying our final goodbyes to our precious Bridgette and find a way to suppress those feelings so we could find the joy in our precious Alexis. 

Saying it was easy would be a lie. To this day it is still hard to handle. 

What gets me through is knowing that all of prior children are in the arms of God. I choose to believe that there is a God that looks out for us and protects us. Heals us when we're hurting and gives us strength when we're weak. 

I cling to the Bible verse in Deuteronomy 31:7 when Moses was encouraging Joshua. "Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the Lord has shown to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it." 
I know God has a calling on my life or He would not have allowed me to endure so much pain and heartache. Maybe it's only to tell our story so others know there is HOPE. I don't really know. What I do know is that just as in Deuteronomy 31:8, “And the Lord, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."
If we are to be Christians whose hearts beat and break with the rhythm of the heart of God, we must take on his whole Word wholeheartedly. That means reading the Bible, studying it, committing it to memory, allowing his words to dwell richly in our minds. It means understanding that just because we hurt and have pain, it does not mean that he had forsaken it. 
I learned a long time ago. When you think God has turned a deaf ear to you, He hasn't. I've heard it before, but I can tell you without fail... When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember the teacher is always quiet during a test. 

Today, I count my blessings. I reflect and remember just how far we've come. 
We're not perfect parents. I am far from a perfect Mom. But what I am, without a shadow of doubt, is a child of God that has withered many storms and tests. My prayer is that our testimony will continue to bring hope and blessings to others. 

Regardless of what you may be facing, just know that you will make it. Get up every day. Get dressed.  Look up. Never give up. Joy is coming in the morning! 

Have a blessed day!
Candye~
#G18Mommy


Comments

Popular Posts