Day 2 - 2020 Quarantine Kitchen Remodel




Well, as promised, here’s day 2. It was a very productive day! 

For those of you that have been following me, know that one thing you get from me is raw, honesty. So here it goes...

Before we dive into the project update - let me just tell you, sometimes it doesn’t pay to have animals. 

I so wanted to sleep in this morning but my little Sadie was chomping at the bits to go potty - so up we go at 5:30 am. I really, really love that dog....no really... I really, really love that dog. Okay, truth is, that’s what I kept telling myself this morning! (Lol)

On the positive side - I had some great alone time with God and I certainly needed it to ask for some strength today to be a good remodeling partner to my amazing husband. He really is so awesome! This is the second kitchen he’s remodeled. Notice I give him the credit. The first one was when we lived in town and I was pregnant with our twin girls and was of absolutely zero help. I just spent the money. (haha) Wait... I still do that... (just sayin’)! :)

 
These smiles are how we started our day - why, you ask... well, that’s what happens when your wife spends quality time with Jesus before we start... (lol)! 

A little reminder of where the kitchen ended yesterday...

(Beginning of Day 2)
(Beginning of Day 2)

You will notice that we mainly focused on the flooring yesterday. Today we dove into the cabinets and removing that horribly ugly backsplash. (Thank you, Jesus!!) I was definitely doing the happy dance. 

I did spend quite a bit of time shopping online today. I thought we were going to make a trip to Missouri where I found a great deal on a 36” range, but we ended up changing our mind. 

I’m going to hang here for just a second. Who knew it would be soooooo hard to find a replacement range?? I really thought it would be as simple as a couple of clicks and bam - done! Ummmm... no! I’m actually still looking. I have a couple of them in carts (goodness I hope I don’t accidentally hit checkout) haha! I did not realize 30” was a common size and anything above that would be almost impossible to find. Wait. Let me back up and rephrase that. It’s not impossible to find a 36” range - it’s almost impossible to find one that has anything bigger than a 5.0 cu. ft. oven and the things I want it to have. Is it really so bad to want a digital timer? I mean, let’s be honest, I “sometimes” may burn things even with a timer - can you imagine one without and what our dinners would be like? Ummmm... No! 

Okay, onto the remodeling update. 

Today, we had a very productive day! We tore down cabinets. We removed the trim. I can tell you - it made such a difference. It feels like it really opened up our kitchen! I am so excited with anticipation!


We removed all of that beautiful backsplash today... (yes, that was typed with sarcasm)! 

All in all, we had a very productive day! 




We only had a small accident today —— you can see, very minor bloodshed. 
I promise, it wasn’t mine, nor was it because of me! Yay! Win! 
I did hit my own hand a few times with the hammer... I learned I am not good swinging the hammer with my left hand. As my husband likes to say, “some days you’re the hammer, some days you’re the nail.”
Today, I may have been the nail a few times. 

Now... here’s my favorite part of the day! 


 
We took time at the end of the day and wrote a message on the walls. Each of us traced one another’s handprint and wrote Bible verses that mean something to us. THIS! This is what it’s all about. Adding special touches to our home and making it our own. We are so blessed! Even if we don’t end up with the most amazing kitchen to others - it will be amazing to us - and that’s all that counts! 

I love my little family. If you’ve followed me long enough, you know that we have endured so many trials in our short-lived life together, but in the end, God was faithful to fulfill his promise, just as He said he would. 

“And blessed is she who believed that what was spoken to her by the Lord would be fulfilled.” Luke 1:45

To end the day, we took out the trash “country-style” in the ole tractor bucket. It’s another one of our many blessings. It certainly makes things easier!


To say it was a good day just seems like an understatement. Let me tell you, we are sore. It is true - the older you get, your body just doesn’t move, twist and bend like it did when we were young. 

I pray you all enjoy following our journey as much as I enjoy sharing it with you.

Remember, if you have any (pro) tips, suggestions, bargains, etc., please share them with us. We’re always up for learning something new and being better than we were the day before! 

I pray your day was as fulfilling as ours was. I pray when you close your eyes tonight you can give it to God and get some good rest. I know we will! 

Wait... where's the Tylenol? :-)

Many blessings, 
Candye~
“G18Mommy”
Candyebell@yahoo.com

“...the battle is the Lord’s” (1 Samuel 17:47) 


Comments

Popular Posts