Day 3 - 2020 Quarantine Kitchen Remodel


Hello Blogger Fans, 

Well, here's another update! Day 3 is in the books! 

Today was a little different. We don't feel like we got much accomplished, but we realize there will be some days like that. 

We did get the other peninsula moved and the floor removed from under it prepping it for the new flooring.  We did a lot of shopping today! Which translates to ... we spent a lot of money! (sigh)



We purchased a range today. Yesterday I shared with you that we were undecided and had even thought about going to Missouri to get one we found. However, we ended up ordering a 36" with 6 cu. ft. I admit that's going to be nice to bake in. Alexis and I will definitely be making some yummy desserts in that. 

We also purchased countertops today. WOZA! That was a lot of money! $$ I knew it would be expensive but I don't think I was expecting it to be that much! Of course, Ryan called me from the store (because Alexis and I are still not going anywhere) and as we're on Facetime he scrolls past this one and I said, "Oh, that's the one!" He replied with, "of course it is, it's out of our budget!"  

Y'all, I'm still laughing! Of course, I did pick an expensive one! Gladly, he said "yes"! When he called me back, he shared with me that he was able to get $21per sq. ft. off of it! Y'all - THAT'S FAVOUR! 

I did share a link below the picture below if you're remodeling and interested in contacting them. They were great to work with!

(Our new countertops - purchased from Wichita Granite and Cabinetry 

You all know I pray about everything! YES, EVERYTHING! Even our remodel. I've been praying that God would show favor on our finances since my hubby is on a temporary layoff so that we could make smart purchases. The Bible is filled with great promises of God. Below is a couple of verses I pray on daily. 

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:8) 

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11)

I don't have a picture of the new farmhouse sink we purchased today - but that's done also.

I do feel a little overwhelmed when I think about what's left on our to-do list. We (which translates to He! for a few things) still needs to run electrical for the new lights, install a new water line for the pot filler faucet that will go over the new range, install the new sink, paint the cabinets, paint the ceiling, build the range hood and paint it, paint the walls and lay the new flooring. Oh, and purchase the new sink faucets, decide on the paint colors, and probably many other things I'm forgetting right at this moment. This makes my head spin a little. (lol)

Picking paint colors is a major headache for me... I'm so picky! Thank goodness for paint samples you can purchase from HomeDepot

Overall, we survived another day! My house is an absolute mess! I have kitchen stuff spread out all over the house from the living room to my laundry room and office, and the dining room table in the living room. To say we're a little discombobulated is an understatement. But that's okay - it will be so worth it in the end. 

I pray you all have an amazing night! It's time to get some rest so we can start again early in the morning! 

Many blessings,
Candye~
“G18Mommy”
Candyebell@yahoo.com

“...the battle is the Lord’s” (1 Samuel 17:47)




Comments

Popular Posts