Day 4 - 2020 Quarantine Kitchen Remodel

Hello Blogger Fans... 

Here's Day 4! Whew! Feels like day 44! (*big smile*) 

I was able to sleep in. It felt so good! As I opened my eyes I whispered, "thank you, Jesus, for waking me this morning." As I looked over at my daughter sleeping so peacefully I whispered, "thank you, Jesus, for this magnificent blessing."  I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. Then as I walked into the living room and saw my husband sitting on the couch watching the morning news, I whispered, "thank you, Jesus, for my other blessing!" I walked over to him and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him "Good morning handsome, and thank you for all you're doing!"

Y'all, if you do not thank Him for the many blessings surrounding you - one day you may wish you would have. 

It was productive. My husband (which is so amazing) ran the electrical line for the added lights over the peninsula. He laid the underlayment floor and moved the peninsula over to give us room for the new range. He started running the lines for the pot filler over the stove but had to back to town to purchase more supplies so that will be continued to tomorrow's project list. 




Oh my gosh, people, my husband is such a hoot! Let me tell you, any couple that makes it through a remodel (of any kind) is blessed! It will try your patience. Like when the water lines or electrical lines do not pull correctly. (I'm laughing so hard right now!) 

Sooooo ... let me give you a little history. As I said before, I don't try to portray us as anything other than what we are. We are authentic, real people, living an honest life, and doing the best we can, day-by-day. However, he has always had a temper. It used to be really bad but as he's aged he's mellowed. (Thank you, Jesus! Definitely saved our marriage.) Anyway, today, he was in the garage cutting (something) and [let me add, he does NOT like to sweat] and he's sweating profusely and not happy about it. I'm sitting on the patio and I hear some choice words and all kinds of ruckus coming from around the house. Y'all... I wanted to get up and go video him so bad - but I didn't. I rode out the storm because I knew it would be a short-lived one. 

He comes in, finishes his work, and then goes to take a shower because he got so hot today working in the attic. He came out of the shower, red-eyed and with a smile on his face. I am so very thankful for my husband. He is so amazing. Temper and all. Okay, enough about that. (Guess it was funnier if you would have been sitting here with me). 

One little side note before I continue. We are all sinners saved by grace, daily! Don't ever forget that. We all have flaws. No one is perfect.

[Alright, back to your regularly scheduled blog ...]

I sold my old range today. Yay! I tell you, the Facebook marketplace is the place to sell stuff. I am so thankful for those that are connections. Within a couple of hours, it was sold!! 




When your kitchen is in disarray it's hard to fix any type of dinner. Thank goodness we have an Emerald Lagasse Air Fryer and William Sonoma Griddle (you can click on either of the previous links if you don't have these - you need them). I was able to make homemade cheeseburgers (with an egg on his), with tater tots and a cheese quesadilla for Alexis. Not a bad dinner for a kitchen that is basically non-functioning. 


We did purchase the floors today. I never realized how expensive hardwood floors are. We purchased our floors from Floor and Decor. They were great to work with. Again, click on the name to connect to their website if you're in the market for great floors at a decent price. 

The truth is, it's all expensive. We purchased the pot filler for over the stove yesterday from Wayfair. I still have to find a faucet for the sink, backsplash, and wall paint. We looked at a couple of other colors today. I have so many suggestions from my Facebook post - again, thank you so much! We'll let them dry overnight and hopefully pick one tomorrow. 

My daughter has been such a trooper. She has not complained at all. She's helped a little but mostly kept herself busy. For example, today she played in my old makeup and made herself a puppy. Her puppy name is "D.J." (don't ask me where that came from; and she'll be so mad if she knows I shared this - but isn't she so stinking adorable!!). 



Now fast forward to this evening. We always spend time together on the back patio after the days end. Let me just say, if you don't have quality time to recap all you accomplished in a day, you're missing out. Reflection time is a great way to end the day. We make our list after we relish in our accomplishments - even if they mostly just consist of spending money! (lol) Tonight, the conversation was so funny, I thought I was literally going to pass out from laughing at my husband. So, during the making of our list conversation, and what all still has to be purchased, I slid in there that I still needed to purchase rugs. 

He said, "for what?" 

I said, "for the hardwood floors." 

The look on his face was priceless!! He said, "what do you mean you want to purchase rugs? After the money, we just spent to pull up that carpet and buy new hardwood floors you want to cover them with a rug? No way!!" 

I said, "honey, we have to have rugs for the entryways and then one for under the dining room table, a big areal rug for the living room. Oh, and one, or two, for the kitchen."

He looked at me like I had just lost my mind, y'all! But what came next was priceless! Ladies, this is how men really think! 

He said, "there's no way you're spending money to buy a form of carpet to put over flooring we just purchased to get rid of the carpet you didn't like. You'll be lucky if we keep the tv in the living room. We may just sit in there for the next year and look at the floor. I might buy you a chair with wheels so you can wheel around and get a good view of many different angles." 

I'm still laughing (mainly because we all know I'll be buying those rugs I want... just sayin')! :-)

I pray you all had an amazing night. I pray as you're reading this - regardless of the time of day - you stop and give thanks for all of your blessings (big and small), and may your day be full of indescribable blessings! 

Many thanks for sharing in our journey and following along. Remember, if you have any ideas, (pro) tips, or advice, or best places to shop that you'd like to share with us - we'd love to hear them. Please comment, or email me, as we will be looking for the most economical (when feasible) way to do this remodel. 

Blessings, 
Candye~
"G18Mommy"
candyebell@yahoo.com

"... the battle is the Lord's" (1 Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts