Quarantine 2020 Kitchen Remodel Begins....

(Before - Kitchen)

Let the fun begin.... 

I am so excited as I write this blog post. For years I have wanted to remodel my kitchen. I have asked my husband on numerous occassions to remodel my kitchen. I constantly would ask, "can we just paint the cabinets...?" He'd always say, "there's nothing wrong with our kitchen." (Only partially joking...) Which I would agree. I have ample cabinets, and although it's not a huge kitchen, it's big enough for our little family of three. 

I just have never been a fan of that ugly (to me, just sayin') backsplash, the orange-wood looking cabinets, and that empty space at the end of the bar, along with a few other unmentionables. 

Well, this year he said, "For your Mother's Day present I'll remodel your kitchen." YAY!!! I was elated. Then the struggle of getting all of the wish list put together, picking out colors, deciding on what I wanted my dream kitchen to look like commenced. It's been a struggle. 

Of course, for starters, I picked out a range hood that has been impossible to find to purchase. So, he's graciously agreed to build it for me.  (He's so amazing!)

(Range Hood I picked out from @Pinterest)
As we started today, I thought it would be cool to document our remodel stages from beginning to end. So thus the reason for this post. 

Today is day 1 of our remodel!

He's started by removing the tile on the floor. That was a CHORE! 
(Goodbye old tile)
Let me add... along with the kitchen remodel, we are laying new flooring throughout the kitchen, dining room, living room and hallway, and fresh paint throughout. Goodbye carpet! (Doing the happy dance!!)

(Before picture - dining room)

I need to get pictures of the living room and hallway as I don't have any current ones that show them good. I'll work on doing that before the next post. 

If you have any ideas, tips, or advice, or best places to shop that you'd like to share with us - we'd gladly love to hear them. Please comment, or email me, as we will be looking for the most economical (when feasible) way to do this remodel.  

May your day be full of indescribable blessings! Do something amazing today to touch someone else. You could be the only joy they see or have in their day! Have an amazingly blessed day! 

Blessings,
Candye~
"G18Mommy"
candyebell@yahoo.com

"...the battle is the Lord's" (I Samuel 17:47)

Comments

Popular Posts