2020 Quarantine Update & More

Hello, my faithful followers... 

I know it's been a hot minute since I've last posted an update. I feel like there's so much that's happened since my last post yet I feel like nothing has happened. (haha)

First, I'll start with today. Which, truly, is the reason I decided to do a post.  Today, Sunday, August 30, 2020, our church had an amazing service outside. The weather was absolutely beautiful for it and we basked in the sun while we enjoyed some unbelievable praise and worship. Today was also for the kids. We prayed over the kids, the teachers, the administrators, the janitorial staff, bus drivers, every single person that has interaction with our students on a daily basis.  




As the kids got lined up, I decided I was going to try to capture them all in one panoramic picture. When I was looking at the picture later, I realized that something glitched. At first, I was disappointed and then I felt God nudging my soul to remind me that this picture is absolutely the most perfect depiction of what our children, teachers, etc, are facing this year. There is nothing normal about it. 


Just as the picture reveals, there is an interruption that has impacted us all.  It was fast and sometimes feels a little blurry.  But just a quick as the interruption takes place, I firmly believe that so will the relief from our Heavenly Father appear to steady us all. 


I absolutely love, love, love this picture of my sweet (not so baby) girl. It is indescribable what it does to my heart to see my daughter praying. 

I loved the Bible verses our Children's Director, Stephanie, spoke over the children, parents, educators, etc., this morning. I hope you'll take some time to read them as well and pray over your own children. I am a firm believer that there is NOTHING too great that our God can't handle. One of my favorite quotes is, "The will of God will not take you where the grace of God will not protect you." 

 Deuteronomy 28; 3 John 4; Philippians 4:6-7; Psalm 16:8, Isaiah 26:3; and Isaiah 54:13. 

As for the house update. On one hand, there's been a lot of progress, but on the other, it's still been a waiting game. 



We finally got the sink and dishwasher in!! Yay!! I am so in love with my sink. It's so beautiful. 



The lights look really good also. We still have to hang the lights over the peninsula and I'm changing out the ceiling fan in the kitchen. After we hung it, I realized that I want them all to match (go figure). :)  


We also got the countertops installed. 



I want to pause for a moment and say - I DO NOT RECOMMEND going with the company we went with. I was so disappointed in the craftsmanship and quality of work of their laborer. They left holes in our walls and as you can see by the above laundry room sink - they completely messed it up and had to re-do it. You can look back in my previous blog posts to see what company we used. For as much money as we spent, I expected a higher quality of work and was extremely disappointed. The above was fixed and centered like it was supposed to be, but not without a fight. 



As for my little helpers, we had the best help ever painting. My sister-in-law, mother-in-law, aunt, and of course, my little doll, all jumped in one weekend and we knocked out the kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway in just a few hours. It's amazing how much you can get done when you have an army of hard workers pitching in. THANK YOU to our amazing family! 



We have a long way to go but we've also come a long way. We still have to get the doors painted in the kitchen. We just got in the inserts to the range hood my husband is custom building. He's so amazing! We also are still waiting on our range. We will purchase new living room furniture after that. Yes, we're still living in chaos, and stuff is all over the house, but it's our mess and I love it.  It's been a slow process but I absolutely love how we have done it all as a family (minus paying to have the floors installed), so I'll take the slowness to continue building these memories with my family of our homestead. 

Well, that concludes this update. I hope you've enjoyed it. As we continue to make progress I'll update again. 

In the meantime, remember, as I've written before if you take nothing else away from my blog - I pray you will never forget that you are "wonderfully and fearfully made" (Psalms 139:14).  Never forget that you are the son or daughter of the almighty King of Kings and that you do not have to "BE" what the world expects you to be, but you do have to be what makes you happy! Do something kind today, be nice to others, and respect those you interact with. Strive to make a difference, not just talk about it, and most importantly make a difference in your own life. Life is messy... thank God for bounty paper towels, Grace and Mercy! 

Have a blessed day! 

Blessings, 

Candye, Ryan & Alexis

"G18Mommy"

"...the battle is the Lord's" (1 Samuel 17:47)



Comments

Popular Posts