New Chapter In Our Journey - 4th Grade

4th Grade - Here She Comes.....
Well, we started a new chapter in our journey of life today. What a phenomenal but emotional morning. 


1st Day of Pre-School


1st Day of 4th Grade



We officially have a 4th Grader! This morning, we had the honor of walking our beautiful daughter into school. How did we get here so fast? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were taking her to her first day of Pre-School and introducing her to Ms. Lisa? 






Alexis and Raven (BF's)




As we were watching our daughter slip away down the hallways within the mix of all those adorable little boys and girls, an amazing friend called out to me, “Candye, no tears...” as I turned toward her, we giggled. She knows me all too well. 


My eyes were FULL of water and it was taking everything I had to keep them from flowing down my cheeks. As I turned to see her beautiful smile, with her son on her hip, there they went - one tear after another slowly trickled down my cheeks, landing on my chest (my heart). 




Being the positive, amazing individual she is, she said, “let’s pray; that’s what you’re doing anyway, so let’s just pray together right now.” 

So, the three of us stood there in the school parking lot and prayed over our children, the school, the teachers and faculty. 

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day and the opportunity before our children as they
 embark on their first day. Lord, send your Angels to provide a hedge of protection around them. Keep them safe and give them confidence and humility as they take these new steps in this journey. Give the teachers and faculty patience and understanding and strength this year that they will have the strength and eagerness to educate our children. Lord, please keep them safe and return them home to us healthy and happy. In your precious name we pray and give you thanks. Amen”

BUT, that's when she added the most powerful part of the prayer. "And may they be your hands and feet as they walk on this earth.

It was powerful. 

Precious Baby

WOW!! YES, LORD!  I cannot tell you how much that statement resonated with me. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I was so consumed with emotions and just trying to get through the prayer without bawling like a baby calf being ripped from it’s momma’s side that I never thought about praying that our children emulate our Heavenly Father. But she did! 

She said how she did not plan on getting out of the car this morning but now she knows that she did because He knew I needed her. Oh yes I did! 


Just as His Word tells us, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8) 


I am so thankful that God knows what we need before we do and that He goes before us and prepares the way. I love how he sends us earthly Angels to be there beside us to support us and hold us up when we want to just go home, cancel all of our meetings, sit on the couch and eat Bon-Bon’s and ice cream. (Lol) 


As I drove away, tears trickled down my cheeks, yes, partially because I was overwhelmed with emotions that I just left my daughter to face her first day of 4th grade; but, I also was overwhelmed with a sadness for my friends that their children are in Heaven and they do not get to walk them in to their first day of whatever grade they would have been in. Every day is such a blessing and every breath is nothing short of amazing, yet I see and hear so many being vile and unappreciative and it breaks my heart. 

Lastly, it would not be complete without our traditional first day morning photo shoot. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy sharing our journey with you all. Thank you for being faithful followers and supporters. You are part of our world and we love you!


Today, I pray that we ALL may be His hands and feet as we walk on this earth! 


Traditional First Day Family Photo (4th Grade)

"For this child I've prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." (1 Samuel 1:27)

For all you Momma's out there that struggle with the first day of school, like I do, I pray for you as well. We are strong. We got this! I declare this will be the best year ever for all! FULL of blessings abundantly! 

Make memories and make today count for today will never come again. GO! Be the awesome person God designed you to be as you patiently await the end of the school day! 

Have a blessed day! 

Candye 
#G18Mommy

“…the battle is the Lord’s” (1 Samuel 17:47)

#NewPage #NewChapter #OurJourney #4thgrade #GPEOwls #HSOPresidentIsMyBFF


Comments

Popular Posts