New Year - New Beginnings! Welcome, 2022!


Well, here we are at the end of one year and the beginning of another. This is a time when most will focus on setting resolutions that will more-than-likely fail within a month and leave you with a void and feeling like a failure. Despite how it makes us feel when we fail to keep these "goals", we do the inevitable and continue to set them year over year. It’s like we’re programmed to set ourselves up for failure. Why? Because others have told us that it’s what we’re supposed to do? Because we want to make changes that will impact our health and family and overall wellness? Yet, for whatever reason, we do not stick to them. We set them and then we get distracted, tired, overwhelmed, or worse, have a life-altering event that overtakes our focus and we forget about the goals and resolutions we set. This year, I want to encourage you to stop setting resolutions and begin seeking God for your Word of the year. That's what I have been doing for the last couple of years and it has changed my outlook on starting anew.  


Does anyone else feel like 2021 flew by without a blink? It feels like I was just writing a blog for the beginning of 2021.  


This year, I am starting it with an expectation of God’s goodness and mercies that will come with this New Year. I am confident that regardless of the challenges ahead, they will not shut doors that God has plans to open, nor will it steal my joy. This is a year of fresh, new beginnings. One that is full of expectations to grow deeper in my walk with Christ our Lord. 


“I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Revelation 3:8


Remember when we were going into 2020? Everyone said it was going to be the year of #2020Vision. Then the pandemic hit and people were so confused. Fast forward to 2021 which came and went with more confusion, supply shortages, the great resignation that took place with more people retiring and quitting their jobs, and a pandemic that carried on with more restrictions that we were certain would have ended by now. 


2021 was definitely not the year anyone thought it would be. It was full of uncertainty and confusion. A year where our freedoms were shaken and our current leaders faced more division and chaos. I feel I have heard so many say the year was just not what they expected. Yet I can state with great humbleness, it was still a great year for me and my family. 


We had the privilege of seeing the miracles of God continue to work in our family. We witnessed healing in my Father that was an answered prayer from the Lord. It was a year where we watched family members face severe difficulties, yet supernaturally heal emotionally and physically. It has been a year full of blessings abundantly. 


As I began praying for God to give me a word for 2022, I could easily reflect back on 2021 and know it was evident that He had provided beyond our wildest imagination.  I began asking for a word that will provide guidance for where God wants to lead me and guide me to be. Clarity for my purpose. For years, I have been praying that the Lord fill my vessel so I can pour into others and that’s when I felt like the Holy Spirit was nudging me to let it start within me. I have said it for years, you cannot pour into others if your vessel is empty. 


My word for 2022 is “Growth.” It’s going to be a year full of #GROWTH in so many areas. 


Growth in my walk with Christ.


Growth in my relationship, love, and patience with my husband, daughter, family & friends.


Growth in my ministry. 


Growth in my ministry of mentoring and pouring into others.


Growth in my career and where God leads me professionally. 


Growth in my devotion to change.


As I began to dive into what the true meaning of growth is, I realize it refers to a positive change in size and/ or maturation, often over a period of time. Growth can occur as a stage of maturation or a process toward fullness or fulfillment.


In general, it refers to the self-improvement of your skills, knowledge, personal qualities, life goals and outlook. Whenever you seek to better yourself in any way – be it your temperament, your formal education, or your maturity, you are seeking personal growth.

I completely love this and embrace it to the fullest. 


Below are Bible verses about growth that I will meditate on throughout the year as I continue this journey God has me on and I am so thankful to have the most amazing husband and daughter to share it with. They are such a blessing and I am looking forward to us growing as a family. This word will be for our little family, as much as it is for me. 


“And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.” Job 42:10 


“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity.” 2 Peter 3:18


“Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:7


“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.” Isaiah 54:2-3


“Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,  now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” 1 Peter 2:1-3


“Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.” 1 Timothy 4:15


“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.” 

1 Corinthians 13:11


“…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6


“...so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God...” Colossians 1:10


“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14


“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11


“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5


As I embark on this New Year, I pray God fills me like I’ve never before been filled. I pray the Holy Spirit will lead me, guide me, and continue to grow me into the person I am designed to be; to see #growth in all areas of my christian walk. I want to rest at the feet of Jesus for the first thirty days of the year and just bask in His Holy presence and become all I am supposed to be. I have little eyes that are watching every step I take, every word I speak, every action I make and it’s more important than ever to be the role model that will leave the most remarkable impression on her than ever before, and it starts with deepening my walk with Christ so I can be that for her. 


After I received my Word of the Year, I took a quiz and the word it gave me was “Fulfilled”. Just confirmation that my word is to be #Growth. You cannot have fulfillment without growth. 

My prayer for everyone that reads this is that you will take time to rest at the feet of Jesus. Take time to ask for your word for the year and then allow God to grow you as well. Allow Him to help you become all you have been designed to be. Remember, you do not have to impress anyone - just the Heavenly Father! Begin this New Year with expectations of abundant blessings, restoration for all the devil stole from you and find quiet time with Him daily allowing Him to do a work in your life that will surpass your own understanding but elevate you to that next level. 


Regardless of your faith, you must see the writing on the wall. We are living in the end times, times that are full of uncertainty. Place your trust in our Heavenly Father, allowing Him to give you guidance and direction so you stay ready. 



From our family to yours - I pray your year begins and ends with abundant blessings and know that when all else fails - His love endures forever! You are not alone! 


Comments

  1. Thank you for that inspiring post. 🙏🏼 God’s will be done over our lives, in Jesus mighty Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and the comment. Praying blessings over you and your family this year! 🙏🏻

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts