Daughter’s Baptism - August 7, 2022 - From a Momma’s heart that is full and overflowing…

 

There are certain dates in life you just never forget. They are days that either leave you full and overflowing or empty and saddened. Today was the kind of day that had this Momma all in her feelings and emotions. 

If you’re anything like me, you write important dates in your Bible. Today is a date that definitely got recorded in my Holy Bible. 8-7-2022. The day our ten year old daughter made the public confession of her faith and walk with Christ our Savior by Baptism by water. 

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” - Psalm 127:3

There is something special that happens when you witness your daughters walk in Christ go deeper. It’s an answered prayer. 

“Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!” - Deuteronomy 5:29

 Not only did we get to witness this transformation, but when your daughter comes up refreshed and renewed, it is amazing. 


Afterwards, Daddy had to go back to work and she and I went to have lunch. I have to share how amazing her mind works and what a true impact her baptism had on her. 

As we were sitting at the table, she said, “Mom, that water was so cold today!” 

I replied, “I bet it felt good?” I meant, the cold water because it was so hot out today!

Her response brought tears to my eyes and truly overwhelmed my heart with indescribable joy when she said,”when I went under the water, I felt the old fall off and I felt new when I came up. It was like old skin stayed under the water. I can’t explain it.” With tears in my eyes, I responded with a simple, “you just did.” 

“All your children will be disciples of the Lord - I will make peace abound for your children.” - Isaiah 54:13

 I am so thankful for a Church family that invests in our children as if they were their own. Today’s event was not just about how her Daddy and I raise her, but it is also a reflection of what her precious Children’s Director, Ms. Stephanie and Mr. Aaron, pour into them when they’re with them. They are precious! When I think of them both, 1 Peter 5:2-3 comes to mind. “Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.” 

 Forever a grateful heart and humbled to be her Momma and his wife. ♥️

With love,
Candye
“G18Mommy”

 

Comments

Popular Posts